x

Has anyone been able to offer the payor the ability to optionally pay the Square service fees?

Has anyone been able to offer the payor the ability to optionally pay the Square service fees?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hello @ONF2022 thanks for your post. I do not charge my customers the fee I pay to Square for processing the credit card. I find that many customers are put off by doing this. Processing fees can be a deductible business expense (consult a business tax professional) and I find it the cost of doing business.

If you would like to recoup these fees, you could increase the cost of your items/services. You could also offer a discount for paying cash. You also could add an item called "service fee" and estimate the cost of what your percentage would be. However be advised that currently, only Visa and MasterCard allow merchants to pass on fees; American Express and Discover prohibit merchants from doing so as part of their terms of service. And again, I'd proceed with caution as customers may not appreciate the added fee and may choose to do business with another company instead. I hope this helps answer your question.

Message 2 of 3

Thank you for your advice.

Herb

Message 3 of 3