x
Beta Member

Has anyone found a way to record e-transfers as a separate payments on the mobile app?

I run a delivery business and I get a lot of

e-transfers. I am wondering if anyone has found a way to record e-transfers as a separate payment method? Right now I record them as cash but would like my reports to list them separately.

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Unfortunately no. It will record Cash/Card/Gift Card/Other. I thought it would separate cheques out separately however I went through several years and I don't see cheque popping up in the report at all. I know I've used the cheque option at least once over the last 5 years so it must merge it into the "other" field as well. 

I guess the only thing really to do would be to only accept Cash/Card or e-transfer then you know all "other" transactions, are e-transfer. 

Sammy Grace

Please Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

It sounds like you are recording these payments as Cash instead of Other Tender, @JJDeliverys โœจ

Learn more about payments types here, and let me know if questions come up!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community โœจ

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

I tried as other payment but it won't let me list it a specific title for them.

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

@JJDeliverys you won't be able to rename the "other" tender option, but you can still track item sales through that method of payment. You may want to try and label your item names different, or add the name in the notes section when recording a sale. 

If I'm misunderstanding, I definitely apologize. If so, can you please attach a screenshot of what you're seeing?

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

Best Answer

Unfortunately no. It will record Cash/Card/Gift Card/Other. I thought it would separate cheques out separately however I went through several years and I don't see cheque popping up in the report at all. I know I've used the cheque option at least once over the last 5 years so it must merge it into the "other" field as well. 

I guess the only thing really to do would be to only accept Cash/Card or e-transfer then you know all "other" transactions, are e-transfer. 

Sammy Grace

Please Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

I record them under Other and note that it was an e-transfer.  I donโ€™t take cheques. Do cash goes under cash, credit cards take care of themselves and my Other is e-transfer.

Message 6 of 6