x

Has anyone used the Star Micronics mPOP cash draw/receipt printer combo?

Hi-

I'm looking for a compact solution for my cash drawer & receipt printer, so has anyone used the Star Micronics mPOP? I see that some people had trouble with it, but it is considered supported hardware. Thank you for your input!

Message 1 of 4
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Has anyone used the Star Micronics mPOP cash draw/receipt printer combo?

A quick update for everyone in this thread: Square now supports Star Micronics mPOP Printer Driven Cash Drawer. The mPOP Printer and Cash Drawer automatically opens the cash drawer or prints receipts every time you complete a sale.

Note: This printer can also be connected to iPads via Bluetooth or connected to Square Stand, Square Register, Square Terminal, or Android devices via USB hub. This printer doesn't support network connectivity. Bluetooth connection is not available on Android devices at this time.

You can purchase the Star Micronics mPOP Printer Driven Cash Drawer from our Square Shop website. For more information about hardware compatibility with Square visit our Hardware Compatibility By Device site.

3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

I used one in the past with another pos system.  Worked fine but if you are in the drawer often I would steer away.  It is just to small, bills go in the back and doesn't hold much.http://star-emea.com/support/image-library/. We switched to this small drawer and the ethernet printer.  I am able to place the iPad and the printer on the drawer, keeping the footprint small.  Printer goes behind the iPad sideways.  We bring our system in every night so there is a lot of carrying it back and forth and this works for us.

Message 2 of 4

I just purchased the stand with that cash drawer and printer combo.  So far it is working great.  I had the USB and bluetooth enabled at first and you can only have one or the other.  After Star Micronics explained that to me it is working like a charm!  Love it and the size is perfect for our small shop.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

A quick update for everyone in this thread: Square now supports Star Micronics mPOP Printer Driven Cash Drawer. The mPOP Printer and Cash Drawer automatically opens the cash drawer or prints receipts every time you complete a sale.

Note: This printer can also be connected to iPads via Bluetooth or connected to Square Stand, Square Register, Square Terminal, or Android devices via USB hub. This printer doesn't support network connectivity. Bluetooth connection is not available on Android devices at this time.

You can purchase the Star Micronics mPOP Printer Driven Cash Drawer from our Square Shop website. For more information about hardware compatibility with Square visit our Hardware Compatibility By Device site.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4