x
Super Seller Alumni

Help! Register goes to square logo during payment processing

Durning a transaction, on all registers, the register will, during payment processing, go black with the square logo leaving the configure device option available and remain there until you restart the register. This happens periodically, but is frequently happening each day. This has previously only happened with cash transactions, but today it happened with a credit card and now we have lost that transaction according to the register. 

when we ended the day we were short the amount of the cash transaction, but with a credit card I don’t know how this is going to work. The total was $20.10. Trying to grab the video from our security cameras to see if I can provide that to help with a visual. 

@Sean @DannyH 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

Message 2 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Are you running any beta software on your Register?

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Yes. I’m assuming that is the source of the issue. 

Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

That looks like a full OS crash, but maybe only the Square app running on top of it.  If you are running Square POS beta I would go back to regular Square Register software to start with.  If you aren't then contacting Square support would be best.

Message 5 of 7

I'm having the same issues! It's so frustrating and I've called Square everyday for two weeks now!

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

Just want to chime in here, I'm having the exact same issue, for months now.  I'm not sure what to do.  I never seem to catch it on video either.  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 7 of 7