x

Help getting our site up and going

Alright so we are a brand spanking new business and we do everything at our home. So I guess my questions is besides Facebook how are the other way you promote your site? We do craft shows so I will have something there. Just wondering if we could get some tips!! 

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

I'm assuming you have a website set up. If not, that's huge... You need somewhere for people to see all your info.

A lot of younger people have moved from facebook to Instagram. You may want to get on there also.

I've set one up, but to be honest, I feel I'm too old to make much use of it, but it's free publicity.

Be sure to set up a Google My Business page. You can set a "nearby" location on the map.

It will require an address, but so does square for your profile page.

I've had many people say they didn't want their home address used. Most businesses like this use a PO Box instead.

There's also Yelp, but I have reservations about them. They constantly want money to promote your business, when it's supposed to be free. However, there are a lot of people that search for services and products through them. Certainly not my favorite. I've only had one or 2 people reach out to me in the last couple years from Yelp that actually responded and connected with us. I think more and more people have switched over the the Google My Business/ Google Map over Yelp.

That's my 2 cents.... and what I've found true for me.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

Best Answer

I'm assuming you have a website set up. If not, that's huge... You need somewhere for people to see all your info.

A lot of younger people have moved from facebook to Instagram. You may want to get on there also.

I've set one up, but to be honest, I feel I'm too old to make much use of it, but it's free publicity.

Be sure to set up a Google My Business page. You can set a "nearby" location on the map.

It will require an address, but so does square for your profile page.

I've had many people say they didn't want their home address used. Most businesses like this use a PO Box instead.

There's also Yelp, but I have reservations about them. They constantly want money to promote your business, when it's supposed to be free. However, there are a lot of people that search for services and products through them. Certainly not my favorite. I've only had one or 2 people reach out to me in the last couple years from Yelp that actually responded and connected with us. I think more and more people have switched over the the Google My Business/ Google Map over Yelp.

That's my 2 cents.... and what I've found true for me.

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

Let's see if I can help out a little...but we need to know what your business is or does.  Facebook is helpful...for our industry (nail salon) we find that our older clientele is primarily on there.  Instagram is where our "magic" happens.  Since you do craft shows I'm taking that you're selling an actual physical object....Instagram might be very helpful because it caters to a visual audience.  You can do lives, stories, reels...capture your audience attention and bring them right into your home and then into making a purchase.  Another way that you my want to promote your business is to create a Facebook group.  Bring like minded people into the group to showcase your new collections or items.  Remember to grab names, phone numbers, and email address at your craft shows.  Entice them with discounted offers to sign up to your newsletters.  This is a great way to reach new and existing customers.

Hopefully this helped out a little 🙂

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

There are several avenues you can use to help drive traffic to your square website. Depending on what your product or service is will also best determine which avenues might me most advantageous to you. I have had luck with Instagram. I set up an Instagram business account and then was able to add items to "my shop." When I create pictures or content on Instagram I can then tag my product/item in the post.  When a customer sees my post on Instagram and clicks on the shoppable link in the post,they are then driven to my square website. On Instagram when you are setting up your items you also put the link to that specific item in the details section. That is how the shoppable post links the viewer to your square website. Instagram is tricky though. It will take time to build an audience of followers. The better the content the more attention it will get and followers. You can see an example of how my Instagram looks and how it links to square @willow_sky__

I noticed you said craft shows. I have found that if I have my website on a tag on my product and it is given as a gift to someone the receiver also learns about my company. I will say 80% of my business is still word of mouth and referrals. I have a craft and do not do any craft shows so my square website is where my content is. It can be challenging to find ways to drive traffic there, but I am sure others will have some bright ideas.   I also have a Google Business account where I can analyze trends on my square website with google analytics. It helps me know where my traffic is coming from, what times of day, which part of the website they spent most of their time on. That helps me know which parts of my square site are doing well and which parts or products are not getting any views. If you get a google business account it will try make you switch websites to google, but I was sure to put my square info  in the set up details and since then have not had any issues.  Please let me know if you need additional information or if I can help in any other way.  

Message 4 of 4