x

Hi All, I will be in field this weekend for an art show will I still be able to use my square

Hi All, I will be in field this weekend for an art show will I still be able to use my square for charge card

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hi All, I will be in field this weekend for an art show will I still be able to use my square for charge cards 

Message 2 of 4
Alumni

Hi @clayhill59 - Welcome to the Community!

If you have a data connection via cell phone or tablet, you should be able to process cards without an issue. If you won't have any data access in that area, you can use Offline Mode with your Magstripe reader. Please note that this may be a riskier option as you would not be able to confirm a payment was approved or declined until your device reconnects to the internet. To learn more, check out Process Payments with Offline Mode

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hello @clayhill59, thanks for checking in.🙂

Yep—you'll be able to process card payments as long as you have a strong data or Wifi connection.

We do also offer the ability to accept card payments in Offline Mode, but take care to note the following:

• Chip card transactions and contactless (NFC) payments can’t be processed in Offline Mode when using the Contactless + Chip Reader.
  • Offline payments are processed automatically when your device regains connectivity, and will expire if not processed within 72 hours.

I'd recommend reviewing how this option works in this article before you head out this weekend: Process Payments with Offline Mode. If any other questions or concerns come up, please let us know!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 4