x

Hide Business Address from Customer View

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "Hide Personal Information"

A customer informed me that my address is shared when people order. Is there a way to make this private, I don't need or use a PO box and my address is my personal address which I don't want to share. My address appears at the bottom of the email and sends it by business name, then shares my address. My business ships from my personal house and am not comfortable sharing my personal information. 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Laurynwalker,

The place you want to make a change here is from the Location Settings in your online dashboard.

Make sure the location is set as "mobile" then save:

This should prevent the address from being displayed to customers!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Laurynwalker,

The place you want to make a change here is from the Location Settings in your online dashboard.

Make sure the location is set as "mobile" then save:

This should prevent the address from being displayed to customers!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 4

I am a new online store currently in the setup phase; I work out of my house, do not have a store front, and do not offer pickup/delivery services. Shipping only.  I would like my address and phone number to be removed from the receipt page before I publish my website. In the mock-up on the receipt page, I can toggle off the map location, but the address still shows. Can I remove it completely?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @modandbirch - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where another Square Seller asked this question as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Please see the reply from one of our Community Moderators, @Seamus, which has been marked as the Best Answer to this question

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 4