x

Holiday Pre-Orders

We are a small bakery, on a day to day basis using Square Online for pre-orders works well.  But during the holidays we get very busy and have a lot of online orders.  For example right now for Easter we have over 50 orders.  We will have 2 pickup days- Friday and Saturday.  What I have done for past holidays is print out all the order tickets and have multiple employees (and myself!) tally the items ordered for each pickup day.  But we know that as humans we make errors!  I've tried using the order export feature from Square Online but the spreadsheet is horrible and there's no way to separate Friday pickups from Saturday pickups.  Has anyone found a work around for this or is there an upcoming feature that will solve this issue?  My dream is to be able to create a report based on pick up day that would also show: menu items ordered, quantity and customer name.  I don't understand why we can't run reports in the Order section of the Square Dashboard?  Am I missing something?  Thank you for your help!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Flakycrustpies (as a huge pie fan your username made me crave one of your pies) 

First of all welcome to the Seller Community. Thank you for sharing this valuable feedback in regards to order export and order reports. At this time I don't have any news in regards to improvements to these features you've mentioned.  I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers' interest in your request.

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Hi - any updates on this request?  I have the same issue and would love to be able to export, sort, and manage the hundreds of holiday pre-orders more effectively (sorting by pick-up day, with item totals per day so we know what we need to bake ahead of time).  Currently, I don't see an option to export order info from the Orders section in the Square Dashboard - is there another place that I can look for this?  The report would need to include both orders placed online as well as orders placed in-store through Square Register.  Any sort of pre-order reporting function is really essential for us and we just don't have the time or help to sort through and tally items for hundreds of orders.  Any help is appreciated!

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @jchung2181 in order to export orders you will need to visit the eCommerce > Online section of your Dashboard and from there go to Orders and you will see an option on the upper right side that will allow you to Export Orders.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7
Square

@jchung2181 - in your ideal world, would you rather have a viewable report on your Register (and printable PDF) with your orders and item totals? Or would you rather be able to download them in a spreadsheet?

Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

I'm not the requestor, but I am also in need of this. I think right now, most of us would take it in ANY form. I'm sure a pdf report would be more visually appealing, but a spreadsheet would be easier to manipulate the data the way we need to see it. The pdf's historically have been too inflexible to adjust to specific needs.

Message 6 of 7

We ended up creating a second location (called it Holiday Pre-orders) with a second website (only for holiday ordering) For Thanksgiving we named the items by day, for example Apple Pie-Tuesday and Apple Pie-Wednesday.  We were able to run sales reports in Square to get the total items sold based on day.  It wasn’t perfect but at least we got a number and of course added in extras just in case.

Message 7 of 7