x

How do I Reactivate a Square Account?

Hi,

I deactivated my account immediately after start up as it wouldnt allow me to change information I had entered.
I thought I would delete it and start again.

However - a world of pain.
Now it wont let me do anything or contact Support via my own account or anything.

It simply says 'You Have Nothing to Manage' and provides no options.

When I go to Support and click Contact I get this message:

Contact Us

Please select your location:

With now way of writing anything or going further with contact.

Seriously this is really hard work for what should be easy changes. 

So I need Support to do the following:

1. Please send me an email address so that we can correspond directly to rectify all of this which will include:

2. Reactivate my account

3. Enable card processing for a non-profit association (also not able to be set up manually by User, for whatever reason - Hard work all this, wishing I had not purchased this reader now).

Please get in touch ASAP. Today is Mon 14 May 2018, 1145am in Australia.

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Moltec,

For account security purposes, you will need to call support to reactivate a deactivated account.

The good news is that you don't actually need a customer code to call Australian support - anyone is able to call in on 1800 760 137 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Hi @AWTCO,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Square account.

It doesn't look like you've done anything wrong in the sign-up process and the issue you're seeing is based on your ABN - you can read more about business types Square accepts for card processing here.

I've sent you an email to the original address you signed up with, with more info on what we'd need to get you up and running to take card payments as part of a pilot we're running for clubs/associations. Please reply to this email and we'll go from there!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 10

Hi Sheamus

I have a similar issue in that I also deactived my original account as I thought I had completed some information incorrectly, which after looking at things I didn't but because our account is an association we are currently not supported.  Is it possible to get my original account reactived and can we be part of the pilot that you are running for clubs/associations?  Would appreciate if you could get in contact asap as we would really like to accepting payments tomorrow if possible.  Thanks

Message 3 of 10
Admin

@Rach4154,

Thanks for getting in touch!

For security reasons, to reactivate an account we'd need to speak to you over the phone -  if you give us a call on 1800 760 137 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 10

I also deactivated my account, and need to figure out how to reactivate.  I tried calling the 1-800 number but it requires a customer code, which I don't have, and I can't get since I deactivated my account.  Please help me reactivate it.

Message 5 of 10
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Moltec,

For account security purposes, you will need to call support to reactivate a deactivated account.

The good news is that you don't actually need a customer code to call Australian support - anyone is able to call in on 1800 760 137 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 10

When I call the above number it saying I need a customer code and hangs up on me after a few times saying I need a code? (Australia)

Message 7 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Nannabags,

It looks like you called us outside business hours. Please reach out on 1800 760 137, between 9am-5pm, AEDT, to speak with our local support team. 

Message 8 of 10

every time i try this it hangs up because i can't enter a customer code

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

When calling between 9am and 5pm AEDT, you won't need a customer code @Chandelle123. Please let us know how you go!

Message 10 of 10