x

How can I integrate timecards and payroll?

I am trying to integrate timecards and payroll.  I can't figure out how to have payroll automatically calculate how much to pay people based on the entries in the timecards section.  Is there a way for me to say "pay contractors" and have it pull the information from timecards instead of me having to go and calculate it myself?

If there isn't a way to do that, is there a way for me to mark the entries in the timecards as paid?

Thanks!

Carlos

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Once you import your time cards you "Run" payroll.  You will see that the times roll into the payroll, you will get your totals and then if all is OK hit complete.

Once this is done you will have a pending payroll (Run Payroll becomes Cancel Payroll) and you can actually export that report and have the details of each employee, rate, amounts, etc. or you can review it on the dashboard.

Bob

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Okay, so I figured out how to import the timecard.  You click import, you just need to *not* be afraid of the giant warning that says all people with timecards will have them overwritten :).

The only remaining issue is that there isn't a way to tell that the timecards I imported were paid or made up the payroll I sent.  I thought they would all disappear from timecards once I did that.  My main concern is that if someone edits or changes anything, I'll have no way to know what I paid or didn't pay!

Message 2 of 4

Best Answer

Once you import your time cards you "Run" payroll.  You will see that the times roll into the payroll, you will get your totals and then if all is OK hit complete.

Once this is done you will have a pending payroll (Run Payroll becomes Cancel Payroll) and you can actually export that report and have the details of each employee, rate, amounts, etc. or you can review it on the dashboard.

Bob

Message 3 of 4

Yes, that all worked great, but the paid items still show up in the timecard list.  I'm concerned I will accidentally pay someone twice ...  It would be super cool if I timecard items were marked as *paid* after importing.

Message 4 of 4