x

How can I list items in my online store without an image?

I only sell pdf files of my original sheet music and there is no "image" for those. I know I can upload white space where the image goes, but isn't there any way to have a store that just lists file names (or, in my case, song titles) without needing to mock up an image for every file?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

With the original Square Online Store (your website is squareup.com/store/yoursite), if you don't have an image associated with the item Square will default to the first two letters of the item name. This version of the store doesn't have the ability to have your items listed with no (or very small) picture icons.

That said, if your store is on the new weebly platform, you may have this capability. My store hasn't converted to the new platform yet so I unfortunately can't help you there. Hey @AdamB, any help with this one?

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 3
Admin

Unfortunately, there isn't a way right now to turn off images on product or category pages, or with the Featured Products element. I could definitely see that being a useful addition, though! I have seen people in the past make a single "download" image and use it for all digital products - an image that implies downloading something (like a down arrow, as an example) usually looks a little better than the price tag image.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 3 of 3