x

How can I make my customer feedback public?

How can I make my customer feedback public? (Like to go to my facebook page?) It seems a bit pointless to just be private. It would be nice to have an option to publish some of the customer comments to social media.

Message 1 of 72
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

We don't currently have a way to share customer feedback from your receipts but you can encourage your customers to post on your business's Facebook and Yelp pages! 

Check out our new features in Square Marketing that encourage your customer's to review your business on a public platform! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 72
71 REPLIES 71

Now 2022... no widget, link, or script yet?

oevae.com
Message 22 of 72

Yeah, I'm kinda upset you ask for feedback when I do that on my own for reviews that actually matter.  How do i edit what is sent?  Please don't ask my customers for feedback with no marketable benefit to me!

Message 23 of 72
Admin

I'm very sorry for the trouble this has caused @nhelder. If you like, you can disable the Feedback this feature from the Customers section of your online Square Dashboard:

1. Click Feedback.
  2. Click Settings in the top-right corner.
  3. Toggle “Collect feedback from your digital receipts” off.

You can turn it back on again in future if you like. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 24 of 72

I would love to have the requested review go public on any kind of platform.  I hope to they have some pagerank value.  When I called in about it a while back I was told that initially that they did but too many companies called in complaining because they were getting negitive reviews.  I assume, due to the ease of leaving a review in this way gave people an easy way to vent...  I am of the mind that if you are getting bad reviews do something other than cover it up.  Fix the problem causing the negitive review not the reveiw itself. 

Message 25 of 72

I keep getting reviews but no one can see it. Is there a way I can make them public?

Message 26 of 72
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Rscmendon and welcome to our Seller Community!

We moved your post here to an already existing thread about this to answer any questions you may have.

It looks like right now there's not a way to make it public but it's currently a feature request for potential future improvements. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 27 of 72

Another wasted review 😞

ABD73B7C-3B0F-4FC8-B4D2-DA0A64128366.png

Message 28 of 72
Beta Member

Is there a way to link square customer comments to our google page?

Message 29 of 72
Admin

Thanks for your question, @Geekforce

Just want to make sure that you're talking about Customer Feedback, right?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 30 of 72
Beta Member

Yes Nika. I am referring to customer feedback. 😁

Message 31 of 72
Admin

Got it! Thanks for the clarification @Geekforce

Having the ability to share feedback on public platforms is a feature request. I moved your question over to this thread so that we can keep track of each request we get for this particular feature.

Fingers crossed that this becomes available at some point. 

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 32 of 72
Beta Member

Excellent. I think this will be a beneficial feature, especially if an organization can choose whether or not to feed the customer comments to their google page or web-site, etc. Thank you for requesting the feature addition!

Message 33 of 72

We get more people "posting" their reviews through Square Feedback than in Google or Yelp. Please either give us some way to make these reviews public, or make it obvious to the customer that this is private feedback and not public. Is there a way to mention next to the feedback where they can leave a public review? We can do it on our printed receipts, but I don't think it shows prominently on the email receipts.

Message 34 of 72
Admin

Hey @TacomaLampRepai

If you would like your customers to post feedback other places than the internal feedback through Square, you can disable Square's feedback. We're working on making that information public in the future, but right now we don't have a way of making that feedback available to customers, only sellers. 

A suggestion would be to add custom text on your receipts which tells customers where they can post feedback (Google, Yelp). I hope this helps! Thank you. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 35 of 72

This thread has been active since 2016 and it appears nothing really happens on Square's side after each request comes in. Simply a note to send it to higher-ups, whom likely see it come in and discard it as unimportant.

It was mentioned previously that customer feedback was automatically made public in the past, but was withdrawn due to negative reviews. Firstly, if there is reasonable negative feedback, that is on the merchant, not the customer or square, and should be rectified by the business practices of said merchant. Secondly, why not give merchants the option to make customer feedback publicly visible instead of all or nothing? Seems simple enough from a back end standpoint. Just as simple as allowing feedback in general or disabling it altogether. Surely Team Square can figure this out without using tons of resources. A seemingly small and simple solution which would have a rather large and meaningful impact for your clients. 

If there is some bigger issue at hand, like privacy issues, why not lay that on the table so we have a better understanding as to why, in 4 years, Square cannot figure out a solution. Otherwise, it just appears to us that Square simply doesn't have any interest in the request/finding a solution. Maybe it is too small an issue for Square? 

Message 36 of 72

Hi there, @JEI420 - thanks for adding your voice here. 

I will be as honest as I can here - from a Square perspective, there is truly no issue that we regard as too small. We exist to bring economic empowerment to each Seller who dreams of bringing their business to life. With that being said, we field thousands of feature requests each week here on the Seller Community, and bringing these features to fruition often takes an ample amount of time and effort from our engineers. We want to ensure that our releases are not just surface level products, but the best all-around resources to help you grow your business.

While I can't speak to the specifics from a Production standpoint as to how and when edits to the feedback option are pushed out, I can ensure you that we monitor your requests heavily and look to make changes to our features that will help the wide breadth of all of our Sellers. We will continue to share any relevant news regarding customer feedback here on this thread as we have it in real time. Until then, we truly appreciate your patience.

Joe
Message 37 of 72

I get 100s of positive feedback from the square app, but I don't get use that or publish that.

Can i use that feedback and sync it with google reviews for my business?

Message 38 of 72

Hi @CraigAlexander and welcome to the Seller Community! This is an awesome feature request, but at the moment that is not something we are able to offer. I can completely understand how and why you would want to share this information publicly.

I've merged your thread with an existing one where other sellers have requested this feature and I will also continue to bubble up your feedback to the Development Team. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 39 of 72
Beta Member

I'd also like to weigh in so the platform creators can see that this is something many retailers want.  Customer feedback would be fantastic.  As long as I'm dreaming, I'd like to be able to integrate feedback with yelp, etsy, google, facebook, etc.  Right now, I have had to ask the customer if I could copy and past their comments to my online retail store, and other locations.  This is a bit awkward and could give the public the feeling that the reviews are not legitimate.  

Seems to me there is a lot of interest in this area.

Thanks

Message 40 of 72

Here's what I did:

1) Visit Customers in your online Square Dashboard > Settings > Feedback. To disable Feedback, toggle Collect feedback from your digital receipts off. You can also disable Feedback per location. Your selection will be automatically saved.

2) Create an automated email that goes out to customers with a link to your preferred review site.

Message 41 of 72

Every week, I get a couple customers who send me "private feedback" that shows up in my Square dashboard. I don't want this to be private. It's always really, really nice reviews and awesome, great comments that I wish was on my Google My Business page or my Facebook page. Square should offer some way that I can click a button and share that review with my potential customers on a social media platform. They could just put "Gary M says: ...." and share it that way to avoid any privacy issues. But it is SO frustrating that they make this feedback private. I get WAY WAY WAY more outstanding reviews this way then I ever get on any social media, because I think people can just click a button and send it right after they get my receipt, which follows their payment during the sales conversation. Please create a way to share these reviews in public. If I try to copy and paste them, I have to spend a bunch of time looking up who the customer is and what they ordered and then it looks like I just made up the review. If it comes from Square it would look official.

Message 42 of 72