x

How can I make my customer feedback public?

How can I make my customer feedback public? (Like to go to my facebook page?) It seems a bit pointless to just be private. It would be nice to have an option to publish some of the customer comments to social media.

Message 1 of 72
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

We don't currently have a way to share customer feedback from your receipts but you can encourage your customers to post on your business's Facebook and Yelp pages! 

Check out our new features in Square Marketing that encourage your customer's to review your business on a public platform! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 72
71 REPLIES 71
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LawnGreeting,

Thanks for the suggestion! I've merged your post into an existing feature request thread for this feature where it's being tracked for our Product Team.

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 43 of 72

Here's what I did:

1) Visit Customers in your online Square Dashboard > Settings > Feedback. To disable Feedback, toggle Collect feedback from your digital receipts off. You can also disable Feedback per location. Your selection will be automatically saved.

2) Create an automated email that goes out to customers with a link to your preferred review site.

Message 44 of 72
Beta Member

Thanks for your response and helping to figure out a workaround - much appreciated!

Message 45 of 72

Any update on this yet? It is unfortunate for those who are just starting out, like myself, and cannot share publicly the few reviews I do receive. 

Message 46 of 72

Here's what I did:

1) Visit Customers in your online Square Dashboard > Settings > Feedback. To disable Feedback, toggle Collect feedback from your digital receipts off. You can also disable Feedback per location. Your selection will be automatically saved.

2) Create an automated email that goes out to customers with a link to your preferred review site.

Message 47 of 72

HI there, I have 28 positive comments in Square feedback that could have been on Yelp! I'd like to know how to change the wording on the Square feedback prompt to inform customers that their comments on Square are not public-facing and provide a link to my Yelp page so that they may make their reviews public. How do I do that? 

Message 48 of 72
Alumni

This is still considered a feature request, as it's not possible to edit that text at this time, @maiabee 🐝

However, if you have a Square Online website, you can certainly embed your Yelp reviews there!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 49 of 72

Hi Valentina,

It seem like you guys are not offering this because you want to direct us to your Square Marketing program. That's fine. I understand Square has packaged products and doesn't want to "give" elements of them away. But when you SOLICIT reviews from *our* customers without giving us control over the ability to make them public, you are essentially robbing us of those reviews. Most of those customers mistakenly believe they are writing public reviews.

Message 50 of 72

I agree! I see answers to this question encouraging us to pay for Square Marketing or an online store through Square.

Message 51 of 72

Is there a way to turn off the feedback request in Square?

Message 52 of 72
Admin

Yes @maiabee!

Visit Customers in your online Square Dashboard > Settings > Feedback. To disable Feedback, toggle Collect feedback from your digital receipts off. You can also disable Feedback per location. Your selection will be automatically saved.

Hope that helps! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 53 of 72

A customer writing about a VERIFIED purchase is the most reliable form of feedback. It is indeed sad that Square hasnt had these feedback open to the public yet. To the Square developers, please work on this valuable marketing tool. It is now 2021 and the post has been around for 4 years

Message 54 of 72

Is there a way to change the feedback portion on the receipt so that a link to a Google or Facebook page could be used for feedback instead?  Just turning of the Feedback portion isn't helpful, I WANT the feedback, but I want it in a public place.  Please get this fixed.

Message 55 of 72

I think everyone should understand that Square doesn't want to make the feedback public because they want us to buy the Square Marketing program. They want us to purchase the feature that makes feedback public. It's not "broken"; they want us to pay for it.

Message 56 of 72

This is ridiculous that 6 (six) years since this thread was started we still cannot share our Square feedback. I have hundreds of positive reviews on Square and only one neutral from someone complaining they had to pay sales tax. These are reviews from actual customers unlike Google where anyone can leave a review including jealous competitors. Get your act together square.

Message 57 of 72

It's 2022 and the feature is still not available. This is crazy! I have great reviews that I would love potential clients to see. This has me looking at different booking websites.

Message 58 of 72
Beta Member

The unwillingness of Square to support businesses generating revenue.. thru great reviews and support.. is absolutely frustrating and weighs on my decision to switch platforms. That's the problem when you start to buy into the services that Square supports. On the whole I am happy with the user interface but the bottom line is that I can't be in business without my customers, and customer feedback to other potential customers is critical. I just don't how much longer I can stand to be a Square customer when they don't support our customer growth.

Message 59 of 72

I guess Square does not realize more customers would add to their bottom line through more purchases.

Message 60 of 72

If you want to share customer feedback, I suggest taking a screenshot of the comment and then sharing the image on your Facebook, Instagram, and Google Profile.  Doing so in this manner makes your post look more authentic.  In addition, Google images will categorize your image, and you could take this option a step further by changing the image name to keywords that not only represent the image but also the solution or service you provided for your customer. 

Example: I took a screenshot of the image you see below in this post using my computer, which automatically named the image "Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 1.01.40 PM.png" which I change to "logo-design-testimonial-oevae-marketing-consultants.png" – the filename can give Google clues about the subject matter of the image – The main factor in determining what images populate your results page is how closely search terms match image filenames. Learn more

logo-design-testimonial-oevae-marketing-consultants.png

oevae.com
Message 61 of 72
Square Community Moderator

What a great idea, @HeadHoncho! Thanks for sharing! 😊

Message 62 of 72
Beta Member

Great suggestions - i checked out your you tube and I appreciate you being active in this community!

Message 63 of 72