x
Beta Member

How can I remove shipping as a fulfillment method option on my website?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Turning off shipping option at the moment

Urgent we need to stop shipping during this holiday season. USPS is not delivering in time. 

Please guide me ASAP what to do.

Berolina 

Youna 

Message 1 of 14
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Turning off shipping option at the moment

You'll want to look at two things here, @Berolina!

First, change your default fulfillment settings to either Pickup or Local Delivery by following the steps provided here. This will prevent newly added items from defaulting to the Shipping option, if Shipping is your current default fulfillment setting.

Next, you'll want to ensure that you've edited fulfillment options on the item level.

You have two options here - one option is to edit item-by-item, unchecking the Shipping option within the Fulfillment section of the Edit Item page (Items > Item Library > select an item to edit):

The other option will work if you want all of your items to have the exact same fulfillment method options. You have the ability to bulk edit your items from the Online overview page (Items > Item Library):

I hope this is helpful! 

1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

First, change your default fulfillment settings to either Pickup or Local Delivery by following the steps provided here. This will prevent newly added items from defaulting to the Shipping option, if Shipping is your current default fulfillment setting.

Next, you'll want to ensure that you've edited fulfillment options on the item level.

You have two options here - one option is to edit item-by-item, unchecking the Shipping option within the Fulfillment section of the Edit Item page (Items > Item Library > select an item to edit):

The other option will work if you want all of your items to have the exact same fulfillment method options. You have the ability to bulk edit your items from the Online overview page (Items > Item Library):

I hope this is helpful! 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Alumni

Best Answer

I hope this is helpful! 

Valentina
Message 2 of 14

My options don't look like that There is no item library on my list under the online menu. It says "site items" and there is no option like the one you show above. Is it different in chrome? Help please 

Message 3 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community, @Jenplastini 

If you are on the Square Online dashboard you should see a list of your items with a checkbox to the left of each item name. If you click 2 or more boxes you will see Bulk Edit in the top right corner of the list, and then you will see the option for Set Fulfillment.

Can you post a screenshot of what you see on your end so we can get a better idea of how to guide you to the Bulk Edit option?

Thanks in advance! 

Message 4 of 14

Hi @GourmetOnWheels 👋 Thanks for following up with those details.

At this time, this is a feature request. Although this feature isn’t currently available with Square, it’s a great idea and I can see how it would be beneficial to your business.

I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. 

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input! 🙂

Violet
Message 5 of 14
Super Seller

That is too bad I left Ecwid for Square to save money as in Ecwid I worked fine.

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 6 of 14

I'm not sure if you are having the same issue as I am but shipping is not set up as an option in our settings yet when a customer is ordering shipping is the default and only option for "fulfillment". The answer the previous answer given is helpful, however, not implemented on when placing orders. 

Message 7 of 14

Hey there, @DragonKitchen

You can change your default method in your Online Store too. If you go to your Online Store Dashboard > Settings > Checkout > Advanced Settings (top-right corner) - you will see the option to select the default method. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 8 of 14

I have everything setup correctly to default to pickup but when I create an item link and try to check out it forces me to add shipping. How do I remove this? I don't want to offer shipping at all.

Message 9 of 14

Hi @cookiewhipped 👋

Can you please post a link to one of your items that offers shipping so we can take a look? 

Message 10 of 14
Super Seller

In the Square Online store how do you set delivery orders (in-house) to be created at $0.00 as all the items are priced by weight and the weight is not known until the delivery day (Next Day) and the customers pay at delivery.

And can you create another page with all the items that we can ship priced and shipping price is estimated?

René

Message 11 of 14
Super Seller

Does anyone have an answer to the above question I posted?

René

Message 12 of 14

Hi there, @GourmetOnWheels 👋 I apologize that we didn't get an answer to your question when you originally reached out 😓 I'll need to confirm some details with you to make sure I'm understanding your ask here.

Are you wanting the total of the delivery order to be set at $0.00, which each item having no cost assigned? Or are you just wanting the delivery fee to have no cost?

As for, "another page with all the items that we can ship priced and shipping price is estimated", you can definitely create a  Standard Page with featured item sections for the items you want to offer shipping on. Otherwise, the Shop All Page would also display which items you'd like to offer shipping on.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 👀

Violet
Message 13 of 14
Super Seller

@_Violet Is sell two groups of products

1) All those that I sell by weight, and items of hat are the same such as a whole heritage chicken I can't just add an averag price online as the come in from 2.4LB to 4LB.

That's why all my items by weight have to be priced at zero dollars the price per pound and average weight is in the decription.

These items cannot Sync with my iPhone as the then show up as zero and I cannot change that in the checkout flow.

I do not ship these items as shipping will cost a small fortune. The customer pays at delivery, I add the weight in the POS app when I prep for my delivery

2) Items with a fixed price the can have a price and can be synced with my iPhone and these items I can ship.

René

Message 14 of 14