x

How come I cannot register for square

I would like to start a square account but the website is not accepting my personal information.  I would like to talk with someone to help me get registered but until you are registered it is impossible to find any contact support.  ALL I WANNA DO IS REGISTER!!!! and it keeps telling me they cant verify my identity.  They want a street address but I live rural and do not have one.  I have a 911 address and a P.O. box number.  Is there anyone that can help me to get started?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

I would like to start a square account but the website is not accepting my personal information.  I would like to talk with someone to help me get registered but until you are registered it is impossible to find any contact support.  ALL I WANNA DO IS REGISTER!!!! and it keeps telling me they cant verify my identity.  They want a street address but I live rural and do not have one.  I have a 911 address and a P.O. box number.  Is there anyone that can help me to get started

Message 2 of 6
Admin

I'm very sorry for the frustration. You are required to enter a physical mailing address to activate your Square account. Once your account has been set up you can use a PO Box address to receive your free reader. If you're still running into trouble you could try these steps:

• Use legal land description or any previous physical mailing address you’ve had in the last six months.
  • Try entering 'General Delivery' in the street address field.
️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 6

I am having issues having my identity verified by Square! I thought it was done, but when I went to accept payments it didn't work 😞

All my info is correct. The only thing I can think of is that I have another square account (with a different email) for a different organization. They prompted me to sign in wit the other account, but I can't figure out how to verify my identity and get payment.... Help? Thoughts?

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Zoe666,

We're not able to assist in the identity verification process butyou can try these tips from the Support Center to see if they help.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6

I registered a non-profit organization 501(c)3 and entered my personal information in order to get it started.  I recently received a notification from the IRS because they listed all the non-profit income as my personal income.  I have deleted that Square account, but need to start another by March 1 when we will reopen the non-profit store.  

How can this be done without my personal social security  number being the one of record.  I would like to use the organization's Federal id.

Message 6 of 6