x

How do I add text to an image for SEO

I'm struggling to figure out how to add the alt-text to an image for SEO. I have looked up all sorts of articles, and they suggest clicking on an image and accessing the advanced toolbox or something along those lines. When I click on an image I dont get any options, only a trash can. 

There have been some screen shots as examples, and they look very different to my page. Is it because it's through Weebly, despite going through the Square Online menu?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Purplefish,

Thanks for reaching out.

I took a look into this and I wasn't actually able to find a way to add alt-text to images - which is strange, because it appears as a feature in our SEO Guide. I've reached out to Weebly for further clarification on this and will be back in touch once I hear back.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks so much Seamus - looking forward to hearing what they have to say 🙂

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @Purplefish - it turns out not all images in Square Online are able to have alt-text applied. Essentially you'll need to click on the image from the web editor and check if alt-text can be applied under the "Content" sub menu:

When testing, I wasn't able to apply alt-text to backgrounds or item images, but was able to apply them to other images on the website.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4