x

How do I allow customers to create an account for Square for Retail??

How do I allow customers to create their own accounts to use at my store using Square for Retail?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hello @Lenac and thanks for your question. Can you elaborate a bit more, I'm not sure what you're asking here. Do you have a retail store and using Square to accept credit card payments? What are you looking for your customers to do at your store?

Usually a seller will open a Square account to process payments for their own business, and their customer will pay with a credit card for goods or services. I'm not sure why your customers would need their own Square account that is connected to you?

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

@HC_Charlie Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no way for a customer to have an account with the business to view saved carts, wish lists, or order history, Every transaction the customer is going to input their information, unless they have selected "Save my information for a faster checkout" during a previous checkout, in which the "Next time you check out on a store powered by Square, [Square] will send you a text message to access your saved information." 

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

@TCSlagunaI'm not sure about "saving info for checkout later" if that is an option (guess I should do my own test on my site to see), but even if it saves the checkout info...would it only save for the website it was created for, and not every website created by other Square users? Again, not sure at all here.

I'm still unsure what the original post was referring to...maybe they are talking about saved carts? I think because I get more sale in-person rather than online, I saw the Square for Retail question about an action someone would be do in their store (an not online). ? Not sure, hopefully @Lenac might clarify...

If its a matter of remembering a customer to send an email receipt when they use the same credit card...(I see this situation a lot in my store) then as long as a customer inputs their email address in one Square seller's POS then that email is remembered by using that same credit card.

Message 4 of 4