x

How do I automatically print two duplicate receipts per sale?

Hi there,

I'm newbie with Square POS hardware.  I have a nail salon business, with the old traditional CC machine, the CC terminal print duplicate receipt for each sell (One for customer and one for vendor to keep for record for both parties).  Can Square POS software/hardware can duplicate receipt as mentioned?.

Thanks

Message 1 of 30
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey there! With sign and tip enabled, you would have two receipts print out, but if you do not have that enabled, then we would not automatically print a customer copy of the receipt. NOTE: Sign and tip payments must be settled from the Square app within36 hours of the transaction

The mention of the third receipt tells me that you have "Open Ticket Stubs" turned on to print in your printer settings. 

To check the printer settings and have that turned off, go to Settings > Printers > and make sure to only have Receipts, Bills, Reports, Open Cash Drawers turned on. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 30
Square

Best Answer

Hi @palehorsetattoo thanks for checking in around this request. When duplicate receipts are required, I usually suggest that you create a duplicate printer station within your printer settings. That way, the printer is assigned role of printing receipts twice, and you'll begin seeing duplicate receipts print out. 

To configure this, head to Settings > Hardware > Printers > Create New Printer Station, and assign the same printer you usually use for receipts. Ensure that "receipts" is switched on in the settings, and Save. 

Let me know how you go with this and if it works for you! 😊👍

View Best Answer >

Message 25 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Hi @keenetran09

Welcome to the seller community and I'm sorry for the late response here. 

Square stores all of your transactions, including copies of receipts, in your Square Dashboard, so there isn't a need to reprint the receipt at the time of the sale. 

You're able to download the transaction report for each day from your Square Dashboard, and you can choose to be sent a payment confirmation email after every completed transaction. 

Message 2 of 30

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: I need to automatically print 2 receipts for every credit card transaction

I need to automatically print 2 receipts for every credit card transaction, I can get 1 receipt to print automatically but then I have to manually go to activity and print the second receipt, then return to Register mode. Any ideas?  Thanx

Message 3 of 30
Square

There isn't currently a way to automatically print two customer receipts; can you let me know a little more info about why you need two? I'd be happy to share the use-case with our product teams.

I'm not sure if you already have it enabled, but you can also print an Order Tickets in addition to receipts. Hopefully that helps, if not!

Message 4 of 30

hI, I as well need two receipts. One for my customer and one for when I do my bank reconciliations and cash close outs daily.

Printing a page a day is a lot of papers to clip onto the bank statement. Duplicate receipts are small and occupy less space and are less bulki than 8x11 pages. Since you have no way of printing monthly reports except by day then I have to print a page a day. This could be 20 pages. Attach that to my bank statement and is a lot af storage space. So it would be easier to have a date range of transactions or a monthly report by transactions than daily reports only. Hope I expressed that correctly.

Please relate that however you can. It would be ideal to print a monthly report by transactions, you do not have that now

Message 5 of 30

@myriamdiazpr,

Just an option from using report from dashboard, you can export the monthly report and print the whole think from Excel or Google Sheets.  

Message 6 of 30

Spenser,

I have the need for the square terminal to print 2 receipts. On receipt is for the customer and the other 

receipt is for my records and is stapled to my invoice.. 

Message 7 of 30

We run a small optometry/opticianry office and also need to have 2 copies print at the time of the sale. We give one copy to the customer and the other copy has to be put in their file. It is very time consuming to have to navigate to a different part of the app to have to "reprint" a receipt after the fact, especially when we are busy. This would be very helpful for Square to incorporate this into the terminal much like many other CC processors have already done.

Message 8 of 30

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Is there an option to print two copies of a receipt when checking out?

How can I get the receipt printer to print a receipt copy, one for the customer and one for the merchant (me) automatically? I know you can go back to the transactions tab and reprint it again, but I want to save the hassle. Many other POS terminals such as Moneris, TD, and etc, have this feature. It'd be great if Square can implement this feature. 

Message 9 of 30
Admin

@meeseeks I'm mergin your post to this thread so you can see EJ's answer to this question, and a few workarounds from other sellers.

I'll share your feedback with the receipts team! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 30
Beta Member

We too need the option of an automatic duplicate "merchant copy" of the receipt.

My old-school bookkeeper (who is also my executive director... so I need to do what she wants 🙂 ) is going crazy having to check the dashboard all the time to verify transactions. She just wants one extra slip per transaction (with the customer's name hand written on the receipt) for reconciliation, not a big report printed from the dashboard.

Hand writing the name on the receipt is also way faster for the customer at checkout than us having to attach a customer / log-in and create a new customer all the time on the checkout screen.

Message 11 of 30

We hear you here, @StThereseInst - thanks for adding your voice to those asking for this feature. If any update comes down the pipeline, we will be sure to update everyone attached to this thread.

Thanks for your patience! 

Joe
Message 12 of 30

We also need to print two receipts, especially for cash transactions.  We are a coop with multiple artists.  When we do a cash transaction we give one to the customer and one gets clipped to the cash which is put in an envelope that goes directly to the artist.  It would be really nice if there was a simple setting for this!

Message 13 of 30

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How to auto print 2 receips with a tip line?

Just bought the square stand bundle with printer.

1. Can square auto print 2 receipts, one for customer and one for the business.

2. Will the paper receipt have a tip line.

Thanks

Message 14 of 30
Admin

Hello @jason88! With Square, a record of the payments you acceps is securely stored and can be accessed from the Transactions section of the app or from your online Square Dashboard. There isn't a way to print two copies of a receipt automatically, but you can reprint a receipt anytime from your Point of Sale, or  you can view/resend a receipt from your online Square Dashboard.

It sounds like you might be interested in using Sign and Tip receipts though. When you enable Sign and Tip receipts, an auth slip and a receipt will be printed for each tranasction! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 15 of 30

@Helen I actually got my square stand bundle today, and actually it does auto print out 2 paper copies with the tip line. It works. Now my only question is why does it print out a 3rd order receipt. I don't need the 3rd order receipt (it just wastes paper). Couldn't figure out how to turn that off.

Message 16 of 30

Best Answer

Hey there! With sign and tip enabled, you would have two receipts print out, but if you do not have that enabled, then we would not automatically print a customer copy of the receipt. NOTE: Sign and tip payments must be settled from the Square app within36 hours of the transaction

The mention of the third receipt tells me that you have "Open Ticket Stubs" turned on to print in your printer settings. 

To check the printer settings and have that turned off, go to Settings > Printers > and make sure to only have Receipts, Bills, Reports, Open Cash Drawers turned on. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 17 of 30

Hello, I have the Square Terminal and would also like to print out two receipts for each transaction. Does the Terminal allow Sign & Tips Receipts, so that it will print 2 receipts? I already have it set up Quick Tips.

Message 18 of 30
Admin

Hey @DaveH50

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community 🤓

To get started with sign and tip on printed receipts:

1. From the home screen, tap the three horizontal lines in the navigation bar > Settings.
  2. Tap Signature > “Customer Signs on Printed Receipt.”
  3. Choose a receipt format: Traditional or Quick Tip receipts.
  4. To print a separate itemized receipt, toggle on Print Additional Auth Slip.
  5. Go back to Settings > tap Tipping > toggle Collect Tips on.
  6. Choose your tip settings, either Smart Tip Amounts or Percentage Tip Amounts.

This should allow you to have a printed receipt for customers to sign and tip, and then an additional authorization slip. I think this is what you're looking for. If you're looking for how to manually print a second receipt, take a look at this thread. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 19 of 30

I need to print 2 receipts for every transaction. How do I do this?

Message 20 of 30
Beta Member

Unfortunately, it is still a manual process for an exact duplicate receipt.

@Helen wrote (https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/New-to-Square/Can-you-print-a-duplicate-receipt-from-the-Square-T...😞

Yes! To reprint a receipt from Square Terminal:

1. From your Terminal tap the three lines in the upper left.
  2. Tap Transactions > search using the receipt number, the card number or swipe your customer's card.
  3. (If you see a short list of transactions tap Load All Transactions > enter your 4 digit passcode > you'll see your complete transaction history.)
  4.  Tap the payment in question.
  5. Tap New Receipt > Print Receipt.

Or were you looking for a way to print two receipts for each transaction? With Sign and Tip receipts enabled you can choose to print an additional auth slip for your customer. Would that help? 

SQUARE: This has been something that customers have been asking about for years, myself included. Please, please, please add the option for printing 2 duplicate (or a customer & merchant copy) receipts automatically. Every transaction I make, I need to go through the transaction menu to reprint the receipt so that we have a till copy. Thank you for posting possible workarounds, but we need a solution and not workarounds. Because of this and another lacking features (lack of a "monthly statement" feature, and no way to setup recurring/subscription payments from our website... all of which myself and other keep requesting), we are very seriously considering going over to Stripe or another provider. Not a threat -- just the reality of one vendor not fill our needs and not acting on the needs as expressed by other customers.

Message 21 of 30