x

How do I close an order that was never picked up and is nonrefundable?

How do I close an order that was never picked up and is nonrefundable?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @FINZUP 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Welcome!

Interesting question, here! A couple clarifying questions. What specifically do you mean in regards to the order being nonrefundable? Is this order an Online Order through your website or rather an open ticket for in person purchases?

I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

A customer made a purchase through our online store. The items are perishable and non-refundable. The order was never picked up so the oder status shows as ready for pickup. I want to clear it off the open orders list but the only way i can see is to mark it as picked up. Is there a way to cancel/close out the order without marking it picked up and without issuing a refund?

Message 3 of 8

Ah, that makes sense! Thanks for clarifying that, @FINZUP - we appreciate it. 

We don't have a specific designation for Online Orders that weren't either cancelled or completed as planned, but I do think this would be a phenomenal Feature Request that we could request for you. This makes sense as a good addition to the Online Store when managing items since we also have similar designations for when customers request a refund (you can label specific reasons for a refund).

For now, it is up to you how to manage this order. We would recommend marking as complete with an internal note that the customer did not claim their order. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for the feedback. If I mark it as complete, which in this case is marking it as "picked up", won't that generate an email to the customer that they have picked up the order? I would prefer not to do that. thanks

Message 5 of 8

Could I mark the items as cancelled and then turn off the email notification to the customer and issue a refund of $0? Would that work?

Message 6 of 8

You can toggle on the option that says "Cancel remaining items in this order" and toggle off "Notify customer by email". This will not automatically process the refund, but will mark the order as cancelled. 

Message 7 of 8

That works!

Thank you!

Message 8 of 8