x

How do I create a QR Code for my Square Online site?

I want a QR code for my webstore and social media sites. Just confirming Square does not have a QR code generator just for information. I do not want to have customer QR codes or self-serve QR codes. Thanks!

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: QR code

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Under online checkout --> settings--> general--> QR code 

you can use this to create a direct link to a product for checkout 

Then for a code to link to your online store go to

online-->website --> site preferences---> scroll down to SITE QR CODE ( you can create and manage a QR under this tab)

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Super Seller

They do!  I made one yesterday.  Let me look around on the dashboard and I'll let you know how I did it.  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 2 of 12
Super Seller

Best Answer

Under online checkout --> settings--> general--> QR code 

you can use this to create a direct link to a product for checkout 

Then for a code to link to your online store go to

online-->website --> site preferences---> scroll down to SITE QR CODE ( you can create and manage a QR under this tab)

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 3 of 12
Beta Member

Did they remove the QR option in online checkout --> settings--> general--> QR code?

Message 4 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @PhilipMercado

Great question! The QR area has moved in one of the recent updates to the Online Store. 

Go to your Dashboard > Online > Fulfillment > Self-Serving Ordering. There you can see the options for QR Codes. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if you run into an issue. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 12

Excellent! Thank you very much!

Message 6 of 12

I'm having a difficult time locating the steps for a QR code for a product and payment feature. Is there specific steps to set up a QR code for payment to link to a product page? Thanks!

Message 7 of 12

Hello @Harmony2c - Welcome to our Seller Community 🥳

Glad you reached out to us. Here you can see how to generate and use a QR code for your business. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Have a good day!

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 12

Thanks @sayra  for the resource link!

Message 9 of 12

1. Create or log into your online store.
  2. Update menu offerings, then generate and print QR code for signs, tables, or anywhere you want diners to place their order.

Uhm, there are some steps between logging in and then generating a QR that would be *so* lovely to have. That whole article is a fantastic sales pitch, but if we are here in the Sellers Community then we are likely looking for direct, actionable links, not a giant article.
    I'll be spending my precious desk time solving this question: Where does the QR code generator live today? Because "Online order - Checkout" doesn't exist anymore on my end. Cheers to engineering, for solving that pesky access problem!
Message 10 of 12

Hello,

Are you only able to create a QR Code for one price? My items are all priced differently? Thank you.

Message 11 of 12

Hi @formidablellc 👋

You can setup the QR code for any items that are setup for self-serve ordering as a fulfillment method. Here is a more in-depth guide for setting up QR Codes for your Square Online store. 

We also have a great article that goes over Best Practices here

Hope this helps you out, and welcome to the Seller Community!  🎉 

Message 12 of 12