x

How do I customize printed receipts from Square Terminal?

I want to remove my address and username from the printed receipts that comes out of the square terminal. Is this possible?

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @DynamicTech! You can edit what appears on your receipts under Account & Settings > Business > Receipt. You can toggle off "Show Location" to keep your address hidden.

I'm not sure what you mean by username, but you can also edit your business name here as well under Account & Settings > Account > Personal Information. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. ๐Ÿ™‚

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Best Answer

Hey @DynamicTech! You can edit what appears on your receipts under Account & Settings > Business > Receipt. You can toggle off "Show Location" to keep your address hidden.

I'm not sure what you mean by username, but you can also edit your business name here as well under Account & Settings > Account > Personal Information. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. ๐Ÿ™‚

AshleyK
Message 2 of 16

continuing this.... I have turned on the setting that says print name of product but I don't see where I do this when making a receipt!  How do I put the name of the product on the receipt? 

Message 3 of 16
Admin

@bhastings66 What do you mean when you say "making a receipt"? Are you trying to manually put receipts together? The item names should automatically show when a receipt prints after a transaction for your customers.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 16

Thanks.  I have figured out my problem 

Message 5 of 16

Hi AshleyK,

"Show Location" has been toggled off but I'm still seeing my address on receipts. Please advise.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 16

Hello, A customer has asked for a receipt with the items they've purchased listed on it. I've followed the directions on the dashboard (Account & Settings > Receipt) but when I'm on that page, and trying to add the items, I can't do so. The customer simply needs a receipt with all the items they've bought listed...how do I do that? 

Message 7 of 16

Hi there @travelmammal

What happens when you try to select the items for that order? 

Ellie
Message 8 of 16

Hi new to square, I did a small purchase to test. My credit card statement has our business name correct, but says photography on the credit card statement

where do I change the word photography? 

Message 9 of 16

Hi @Plaidmoose - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community๐Ÿ‘‹

I merged your post with an existing thread where other Square Sellers have asked this question as well.

You can customize the appearance of your receipts directly from your Square account:

1. Log in to your online Square Dashboard and click on the Account & Settings tab.
  2. Select Business > Receipt.
  3. Edit any information youโ€™d like to update on your businessโ€™ receipts and press Save.

From your dashboard, you can edit your logo, receipt color, return policy, business contact information, and social media accounts to ensure that your customers recognize their purchases.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let us know if you have any additional questions. Always happy to help! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Violet
Message 10 of 16

Hello, I have toggled off the display address option yet when I do test purchases my address is still shown on the receipt that I receive via email which I definitely don't want.

Message 11 of 16

Welcome to the Community, @VandelsoPress

Thank you for reaching out about the display issues with your receipts. 

Double check your receipt settings on your Dashboard. Toggling off the "Show Location" would remove the address from those email receipts. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or this doesn't do the trick. I am happy to circle back. 

Kassi
Message 12 of 16

Hi there,

My customer's name is not showing on their receipt, which they require for insurance purposes.  I have gone through the business - receipt, but there is nothing there to include the customers name.

Thank you

Message 13 of 16

Welcome back to the Community, @kategriffin

When it comes to your receipts and the customer name, are the missing names for new customers? Or existing customers in your Directory? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply๐Ÿ‘€

Kassi
Message 14 of 16
Beta Member

Did you  ever resolve this? I also have the Terminal and toggling off Show Location did nothing. I don't think that is the answer for the Terminal.

Message 15 of 16

Something you could also try in this case @ItsyBitsys would be editing your location to a mobile location. 

If doesn't resolve your request please let me know. 

JJ
Message 16 of 16