x

How do I deal with drop in fees for my fitness classes?

I run a personal training and group fitness company.  How do I deal with the drop-in fees?  Can I keep record of them without creating invoices all the time?  And for those who prepay by the month, is there a way that I can create an invoice without having to send them a copy?  Thank you!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey @SavageFitnessBC, thank you for your post, happy to give you a hand here! 

Although there isn't a specific way to keep track of classes on your Square account, there are a few possible ways you could potentially deal with drop-in fees for your classes without needing to send invoices. 

1. If you are taking in-person payments for classes.

You can create an item for your inventory and name it after the class you are providing. For example, you could name them something like " boxing class single x1" for one class if someone wants to drop in, or "bundle boxing bundle (x10)" for customers who'd like to prepay for multiple classes in one go. You'd be able to associate the purchase with a specific customer by adding the customer to that transaction if you have their card on file. You wouldn't be able to track how many classes of their bundle they'd have used up, which is the main limitation of using this method. However, your in-person payments would be tracked in your transactions tab and item sale reports.

2. If you are taking payments online. 

You could use checkout links, which will allow you to sell classes too! When creating the checkout link, select "sell classes or tickets" and follow the setup flow shown in the screenshot below. The main limitation of this is that you can't use this feature to sell bundles of classes, as the classes have to be dated and can only be held on a single date, rather than recurring dates and times. In this case, using recurring invoices would be the best option if you are taking payments for classes on a weekly basis. Additionally, the process of sending your customer a copy of the invoice is an automated process, which cannot be disabled at this time. It is currently considered to be a feature request. But I'll be sure to show this post to our team for better visibility. 

3. Class bookings using Square Appointments.

We have recently released Class Booking for Square Appointments, which you can make the most of if you are subscribed to Square Appointments Plus. You can set up class bookings from your online Square Dashboard and Square Appointments POS app. You can accept class bookings to:

• Schedule one-time sessions or recurring classes in just a few clicks.
  • Easily duplicate classes and assign instructors to avoid booking errors.

From Square Dashboard

1. Go to Appointments > Calendar on your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Create or click a time slot directly on the calendar.
  3. Select Class from the Event type drop-down menu.
  4. Enter the class booking details, including location, scheduling and pricing, staff, and class capacity.
  5. If this is a recurring class, click Repeats to set recurrence. Next, toggle on Repeat class, then set recurrence. Click Save.
  6. Once a repeating class is saved, you will be able to cancel but not edit the start or end time, date, location or repetition.
  7. Click Save.

Class Bookings via Online Booking Site

1. When you create a class with Square Appointments, you will see a Classes tab appear on your online booking site. Customers can click Classes on your site to view a week-by-week calendar of your upcoming classes.
  2. Links to your class schedule are available in your Square Dashboard. To access the link:
  3. Go to Appointments on your online Square Dashboard.
  4. Click Online Booking > Channels.
  5. Toggle on Enable online booking and select Manage > View class booking flow.

Learn more about class bookings on Square Appointments. 

Hope this helps ya!

Message 2 of 2