x

How do I delete a cash sale???

My daughter got ahold of my phone and put over 1500 in a cash sale. Is there a way to delete it so it doesn't show sales over my free ones?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Message 2 of 7

There must be a way to delete cash/ or incorrect transactions fron the sales history s.    I had an employee who accidentially inputed too may zeros and a 10 dollar sale cash transaction  became a 1,000,000 sale cash transaction.     This was obiviously incorrect and we refunded ourselves. But now all our charting on dashboard is completely squeed to the 1,000,000 beach marks.  There must be a way to correct this issue.  Please advise 

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

there is not.  I had the same thing happen to me 5 years ago when my daughter did a million dollar sale.  makes the charts and graphs basically useless for that year.

Message 4 of 7

Unfortunately, there is no way to change it.

Although frustrating, I can see why they don't allow it. If you were able to change past transactions, there'd be no end to the chaos and fraud people could attempt. I wouldn't be surprised if banking regulations even prevent Square from allowing such things. So, we must all put up with it.

Message 5 of 7

@VanKalkerFarms Question! I had something similar-ish happen as OP. Today I was trying to record a $45 sale by check I made last year. I recorded it as "Record Other Payment". Not only did it record it for the wrong date, i.e. today, but also of course my books for this month are now wrong. My question is, if I refund it, will it simply balance the books and just record it as refunded "other" since that's how the payment was originally recorded, or will it refund to that client's card on file (which would further muddy the books)? 

Message 6 of 7
Admin

@woofit I can help VanKalkerFarms out with this one! Since you recorded the payment as "Other", when you choose to refund it, it'll just balance your books back out. Nothing will be refunded to the customer.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 7