x

How do I get Verified by Visa? And does this protect funds collected?

Being a Business Owner is risky! I have had 1 or 2 cases where a new client requested a refund through my booking app and it was granted without notice, without questions, and without my permission! If every client is able to do this, I will lose my business and also be basically working for free. I was told through Verified by Visa, if they sign they can not dispute. Is this true and if so, how do I convert over?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

There is no way you can completely protect yourself from a customer filing a dispute against a sale.  Disputes were originally intended as a defense against people's cards/accounts being hacked, and this need will continue as long as there is the possibility of accounts being hacked.

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 4

Thank You vwry much for your feedback! Makes perfect sense and I totally understand the hacking side, but on the service side of the business it can be really tricky! There's a fine line between a dispute and wanting something for nothing. 

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

You're welcome, and I totally agree.  There are a lot of people out there who have discovered that it's easy to get something for nothing via disputes.

Judy T Shumway
Message 4 of 4