x

How do I obtain a report showing the service fees I collected from customers?

How do I obtain a report showing the service fees I collected from customers?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Hillsdalefm,

We see its your first time posting in the Seller Community, welcome! 😊

To generate a report that shows service fees collected, try the following:

From your Dashboard signed onto a computer, click the 3 horizontal bars on the top left corner to open up the other menu, then click on >reports>sales Summary. From her you can toggle the date range to isolate the timeframe you want. 

You should be able to see "service charges" right below gross sales. 

Let me know if this helps! I look forward to reading your reply and thoughts.

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

The service fees are being lumped in with gross sales and not separated out. The service charge is showing up on an individual receipt. It is not, however, separated out on any report.

I set up the service charge under Accounts & Settings> Business > Service Charges. Should I have set it up differently?

Message 3 of 6

@Hillsdalefm,

You set it up correctly. If you are a Square Restaurants app user, you should also see the option to isolate service charges under reports to the left of that menu located below taxes. 

From there, you can export a CSV. report.

Let me know if this helps 😊

Frida
Message 4 of 6

No, we aren't using Square Restaurants or Square Retail. We are a farmers market selling swag and tokens for use in the market.

This is a mystery. The prices are correct in the Item Sales report and the net sales amount is correct (service charge not in the total). But the Sales Summary has the service charge lumped in. It isn't difficult to figure out the service charge collected but it should be clearly identified in the daily report.

Message 5 of 6

Hey there @Hillsdalefm,

Thank you for providing me that insight. Currently the reporting ability to break down and specifically show the service charges in the reporting area are limited unless you are a retail or restaurant app subscriber. 

We do offer free versions of both. Take a look at this article to view the comparisons among the app.

Hope this provides some direction. 😊

Frida
Message 6 of 6