x
Beta Member

How do I remove the cash app button from my item page on square online?

They added this feature.  It makes my website look awful and is destroying my brand.  How do I remove it?

Message 1 of 59
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Meetings- I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

You can disable Cash App acceptance through your Square Online store by visiting your Online Dashboard. From there, you'll select Settings on the left and then Checkout.  Then, you can click the toggle switch next to Accept Cash App to disable it, as shown below.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

Hi @CopakeWineWorks,

Thanks for writing back in 👋

You can disable cash app as a payment method by visiting your Square Online Dashboard > Settings > Checkout. Please let us know how you go!

Message 2 of 59
Beta Member

Hi Arie,

Went to the Checkout option and there is no button, level or tab to turn of Cash App.  I see the option to turn off Apple and Google pay, but no option to turn of Cash App button.

Message 3 of 59

Thanks for letting me know @LatheredSoaps @CopakeWineWorks, I've gotten in touch with the eCom team to see if there's another way to disable this from our end. I'll be an touch with an update as soon as I have news! 

Message 4 of 59

@LatheredSoaps@CopakeWineWorks 

Just letting you know that the Cash App Pay in installments beta feature has been removed from your Square Online site.

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 59

Please remove the Cash App button from our site as well.

Message 6 of 59

Best Answer

Hi @Meetings- I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

You can disable Cash App acceptance through your Square Online store by visiting your Online Dashboard. From there, you'll select Settings on the left and then Checkout.  Then, you can click the toggle switch next to Accept Cash App to disable it, as shown below.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 7 of 59

Thank you!  But I do not have such to follow as per your instructions 😞

Message 8 of 59

Screenshot_7.jpg

Message 9 of 59

Hi there again, @Meetings - Thanks for your response.

Hmmmm....your Square Online Dashboard looks a little different from my own:

When you select "Payment Methods" on the menu you're showing here, do you see an option to disable Cash App?

Violet
Message 10 of 59

Please remove the Cash App button from our site as well. It's raising huge problems with our accountants. It's hard to believe there is not a more simple way to turn off this feature we didn't even ask for or want. It truly has caused massive headaches for the folks who do our books.

Message 11 of 59

Hi @Tjturn,

The button will be removed from your site now, sorry for the hassle! 

Message 12 of 59

Sorry to reply to an old message, but I’m not having any luck in removing the cash app payment button on my website. The switch to remove it in settings is not working. Could you assist?

Message 13 of 59

Hi @TuscanRose, no problem at all!

I just received confirmation that the Cash App Pay in installments (Buy now, pay later) feature has been removed from your account.

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 14 of 59

Hello, DannyH, Can the  Cash App Pay be removed? Customers are receiving an error message when they try to checkout and this doesn't look good. This is my first book I have for sale. Please advise. 

Message 15 of 59

Hi @mastermind365, I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you're having. 

Currently, the only way to edit your payment methods for checkout link (powered by Square Online) is to go through the Square Online onboarding process (free). To do so:

• Head to Square Dashboard > Online > follow steps to create a site.

Note, you do not have to publish the site, all you need to do is go through the onboarding process where you can then manage the payment types that appear on checkout links. Once you've onboarded, from the Square Online dashboard, select Settings > Checkout > toggle OFF Cash App Pay.

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.57.57 AM.png

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 16 of 59
Beta Member

Arie,

I'm having the same problem.  I have toggled it off and it still appears.  I have already submitted a survey and requested it be turned off.  I agree it clutters the website and destroys the hard work we put into making our brand OUR brand, not CashApp's.  PLEASE help me disable this feature.  Thanks,

patti

littlefloweronline.square.site

Message 17 of 59

I'm so sorry for the trouble @littleflower -- the Cash App buy now pay later feature is no longer on your account, so you shouldn't see it on your site any longer.

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 18 of 59
Beta Member

Thanks so much for your quick response -- I truly appreciate it!

Message 19 of 59

We need the same thing everyone else is asking for. TURN. OFF. THIS. "FEATURE". 

Message 20 of 59

I would also like to know. It is unsightly and I don't see a way to disable it. I want to remove this option from my Square site. 

Message 21 of 59