x

How do I see a breakdown of my deposits?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Deposit

There used to a place to click to see a a deposit breakdown but the button is no longer there. Where can I see a breakdown??

Message 1 of 20
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @thisnthat !

Square has changed the name on ya. 🙂

Look for the Balance section on the main dashboard. This is the former Deposits section. That report you're looking for can then be found under the "Transfer Reports" sub-section.

Since Square now has the Square Card and various ways of getting our cc sales to us, they thought it best to update the name to Transfer in lieu of Deposits.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @thisnthat !

Square has changed the name on ya. 🙂

Look for the Balance section on the main dashboard. This is the former Deposits section. That report you're looking for can then be found under the "Transfer Reports" sub-section.

Since Square now has the Square Card and various ways of getting our cc sales to us, they thought it best to update the name to Transfer in lieu of Deposits.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 20

That works on my iPad ,but not on my computer.How do you now get to the breakdown of deposits on a computer? They changed the site .It use to be under Balances.

Message 3 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Hello @salon221👋

To find your Transfer Reports you can now visit Balances > Select your Location or Business Name > Click on View All Transfers

After clicking that you should be able to see your Transfer reports. I hope this information is helpful!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 20
Beta Member

when you click on dashboard/ click name of your company/ "view all transfers"/ select date range of deposit/ click view details, it only shows bank transaction #.  It does NOT show transactions involved in that deposit.  

Where can you see the transactions involved in that deposit?

Message 5 of 20
Beta Member

There is no "transfer reports" sub-section or can you explain in detail how to find it under balance?

when you click on dashboard/ click name of your company/ "view all transfers"/ select date range of deposit/ click view details, it only shows bank transaction #.  It does NOT show transactions involved in that deposit.  

Message 6 of 20

I don’t like this. I’ve used Square since 2013, I understand some thing’s need improvements, but everything is tucked under too many folders. The beauty of square was its simplicity, and now it’s a confusing mess. Fix the issue of not being able to view Deposit history on desktop. Following your directions, mine shows enable checking account with square I don’t need a square checking account, I can only view my deposit history on iPad app. I am on my desktop working I am not on my iPad and it needs to reflect in the desktop version, EVERYTHING must reflect in the desktop version. 

Message 7 of 20
Super Seller

@scottleewebb ;

Dashboard - Balance - Then it shows LOCATIONS select your Location with a $ amount (This Should Be just above Enable Checking) - Then view All Transactions

If you click on a dates Transaction there you will get more information such as fees by Square taken out or taxes Square calculated that you will owe, etc plus what will actually get deposited.

I can see this and I only use Square for Credit Card processing and not for a checking account or Debt card etc.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 8 of 20

Thank you so much!! I have been out of touch and did not know that square had updated. 

Message 9 of 20

I have a POS system and accept cash and Credit cards. I have the CC balance transferred daily to my bank account. I can easily break down my total sales into my four categories, but how do I breakdown my cash and my deposit into them?

Message 10 of 20

Hey @Zipity,

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over how to see the breakdown on your Transfers reporting.

You should be able to click the Transfer details and see what is included in each transfer in terms of cash/card payments/refunds etc.

It might be easier to view from the Online Dashboard.

Ashley C
Message 11 of 20

Thanks, 

I found it under category -> display by.

Message 12 of 20
Beta Member

Can you explain in detail what you mean.  where did you click on category/ display by

on dashboard or online and click on what to find category?

Message 13 of 20
Beta Member

Message 14 of 20
Beta Member

Hi,

I want to know wich informations are sent to my bank when a transfert is done.

Is there any reference to the transaction, receipt, invoice or command?

I want to trace each paiements with the transactions in my bank account.

Thank

Mario

Message 15 of 20
Super Seller

Hello @miotang 

Since Square lumps the transactions together, there isn't a per-transaction breakdown at the bank level. The only thing you'll see for the transfer is something like

SQUARE INC [date] [Transaction ID]

You can add a five digit identifier to this via your dashboard

(Account & Settings -> Business -> Location, then look for the Transfer Tag section)

but that will be on every deposit.

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 16 of 20

Please make this easier to find. When I hit Balances it is not clear that clicking on my account will reveal transfers. I just clicked around to find it. The links on that screen show an option to open a checking account. No other options. Maybe make a button next to it so it seems clear that this is where you view transfers.

Message 17 of 20

We value your feedback and will pass it over to our Product Team for their visibility. 

JJ
Message 18 of 20

How do I find a deposit breakdown by customer?  I found the report as described in this thread but it shows transactions only, without the customer associated with them

Message 19 of 20
Super Seller

@loverevival ;

Since you were able to find the transactions, you can click on each transaction (time Consuming) or export the transactions as a csv file.  Use Google Sheets and open the downloaded file.  One of the headers should have labeled 'customer Name' and is Column AJ in the Transactions CSV file.  I just checked mine to make sure of the naming.  This is if the customer gave their name previously to a Square Merchant while using the card that they used with you also or if you added them as a customer with their information.  I do not usually ask my customers to fill out a form to add them as a customer so a lot of my transactions just show a generic Discover Card user for a name or similar.  Otherwise you would need to know when the persons transaction was and search for that time frame unless you have the person in front of you with their receipt or know what they bought.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 20 of 20