x

How do I set up online shipping for Canada?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Shipping options in online store]

Hi, question about setting shipping fees and methods in the online store.

I used "Add a region" to select provinces here I am willing to ship. 

If I do not offer shipping outside this area for now, is it enough to just do nothing more (the rest of the world is not included in any shipping destinations). 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @Katalyna,

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome!

In regard to your shipping question, you are completely correct. If you do not plan on shipping outside of the regions you have already pre-selected, there is nothing more to do. Feel free to check out this support article for more information and let me know if you have any questions by directly replying to this thread. 

I'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @Katalyna,

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome!

In regard to your shipping question, you are completely correct. If you do not plan on shipping outside of the regions you have already pre-selected, there is nothing more to do. Feel free to check out this support article for more information and let me know if you have any questions by directly replying to this thread. 

I'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

Alex_
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 13

Thank you! I am on early stages but I will have my friends testing. Hope it will work properly if not I.ll come back for sure 🙂

Message 3 of 13
Alumni

@Katalyna

Sounds great! 😄

We'll be here.

Alex_
Message 4 of 13
Beta Member

Hi, hoping someone can help me.  I'm trying to set up shipping within my province with Canada Post.  I do have a business account with Canada Post and have my API password but when I enter my info into Square to set up the shipping it won't accept my Canada Post credentials. 

Help!

Thanks,

Leanne

Message 5 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hi @BakingLife! It sounds like you may be grabbing the wrong information from Canada Post. Canada post gives customers two different API keys and passwords. One is for development and one is for production. You need to use the production key to connect. If you are getting an error that your credentials may be invalid, make sure you are using the production key and not the development key.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Message 6 of 13

I had this same issue and it is now resolved using these instructions thank you.  I am now having issues with the setting up rates portion of this process.  I have a default box size in place and was prompted to upgrade my plan to continue the shipping setup.  I did that.  It still is not working.  I was sent a confirmation of the upgrade but I'm still being prompted to choose a new plan.  What am I doing wrong?  The plan I am now being prompted to purchase is even more money. :(. 

Message 7 of 13

Hey @callingcrow,

I'd recommend reaching out to our direct CS E-Comm team on this one.

The Seller Community is intended for seller to seller conversations so I'm not sure if another seller is going to be able to assist with this one since they don't have access to your account.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Message 8 of 13
Beta Member

I also have not been able to figure this out despite following all the instructions.  I need to use Canada Post and it just doesn't work with Square, thinking of checking out Shopify for our online platform as that uses Canada Post seamlessly I am told.  

Message 9 of 13

Baking Life, I managed to get it up and running.  You have to upgrade your plan in order for Canada Post to kick in.  Even if you connect your existing free site to Canada Post, it won't function until you upgrade. 

Thats all I know... 🙂

Hope that helps.

Amanda

Message 10 of 13
Beta Member

Thanks Amanda, I don't have a free site, I do pay a premium and still can't get it to hook up with Canada Post.  What steps did you do if you don't mind sharing? what is your website and I'd love to check it out.

Thanks,

Leanne

Message 11 of 13

I would like to switch over to Calculated Shipping and I am not seeing an option to add Canada Post.  Is there an option to add a plug in for this? Or am I stuck offer flat rate shipping in Canada and losing here and there?

Cheers, 

Jennine

Message 12 of 13

Thanks for reaching out, Jennine 😊 Welcome to the Seller Community 

I've moved your post over to this thread where other sellers are discussing shipping options in Canada. 

You will need to upgrade to the Premium plan in order to use Canada Post with your site. Once upgraded, you can connect Canada Post using the following instructions from our shipping partner, Shippo. 

Message 13 of 13