x

How do I specify the Location for a Subscription created by a Checkout Link?

Wish there was a Subscriptions area for this thread.....

I have a Plan and use it to create Subscriptions.

When I create a Subscription via the "Create Subscription" button in the Dashboard, I have the opportunity to select the Location. This is critical, as the Location determines to which bank account the Subscription proceeds are deposited.

When I create a Plan, I can create a Checkout Link. When I use this link to create a Subscription, the Location used is not visible or controllable. Of course, it creates the Subscription in the undesirable Location.

How do I control to which Location a Checkout Link creates the Subscription against?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

I am also trying to figure out how to assign a specific location to a subscription plan! If Square is able to help- I'd like all subscriptions to go through the CSA location.

Message 2 of 6
Partner

Hi @wildharmonyfarm / @wyldbill  if you're running into limitations using Square's subscriptions feature please take a look at Submatic (submatic.io).  My name is Dan and I founded Submatic to help businesses leverage subscriptions and membership.

We integrate with Square and allow you to select a specific location with which to connect your subscriptions.  We support a range of subscription options that add flexibility to what you can offer to subscribers/members.  Additionally with our software you can easily set up a custom sign up page like these: Gadela Winery or Martinsville Soapworks

If you're interested in learning more you can reach out to me here through the forums or submit your info on our website and I'll reach out, thanks!

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

I too am having this issue... super frustrating, as my subscription location is different than my retail location. So when a user buys a subscription, they get invoices from the wrong location. 

Help!

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @tmrwcoffee you can assign which Location your subscription is assigned to by visiting the Online Checkout General Settings page.

Keep in mind that at this time only one location can be assigned to your subscriptions and checkout links. I hope this information is helpful!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Ok, did this, and it is now working. Thanks!

Message 6 of 6