x

How do I turn off a separate tipping screen?

It used to be the case that when using Square on iPads/mobile devices, the tipping options were displayed at the top of the signature screen. However since the last app update, this is no longer the case. Tipping options now have its own separate screen. This actually makes it very awkward and unpleasant for the seller and customer experience. Now, I am turning the iPad towards the customer for no other reason than to ask for a tip. It is a very awkward situation and honestly I always skip the tipping option now unless the client mentions it themselves. Itโ€™s very unfortunate as I used to earn a lot more with tips.

The old system worked so well. Iโ€™m wondering how I can revert back to the old version. Or if itโ€™s possible to re-add the option to have tipping and signature screen together PLEASE! ๐Ÿ˜ญ 

Message 1 of 46
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Thank you for your patience! After some digging, we found that this feature change is a direct result of banking standards required of us now that we allow Interac payments over $100. 

I know this is very frustrating information to hear as you have mentioned above, you do not feel comfortable using the separate tipping screen with your customers. I have certainly passed the feedback forward to our development teams, but since this new feature is a requirement of the banks, it may take quite some time before we are able to allow a combined Sign + Tip screen again. 

Thank you so much for your understanding.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Alumni

Sounds glitchy, I would call in and troubleshoot since your settings are correct. 

@larimoremassage

@Nonnyof5

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 43 of 46

Is everyone still seeing a separate tipping screen? So frustrating 

Message 44 of 46
Beta Member

Yes, and I gave up trying to get this resolved. It is just the way it is and they will not change anything.

It still makes me ashamed every day. Very American focussed and setup.

Message 45 of 46

Years later, nothing has changed - itโ€™s still so annoying and embarrassing and not appropriate for my business. I hate it, but gave up too. The toggle switch is still set to off, but shows the separate tipping screen. 

Message 46 of 46