x

How do I view the information entered in the Notes field?

We enter an invoice number in 'notes' on our tablet before completing sale. Where in our Square Dashboard, or in which Sales Report can we find the notes?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 33
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @NK2235, thanks for reaching out. You can view the notes you've added to a sale from your Transactions tab. Click on the payment, and you'll see the note display in the payment details.

Find more information on reporting in our Support Center. Hope this helps. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 33
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @BilingualSLP - Transaction notes will appear on the Transaction Details export, not directly from Dashboard. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Excellent!  But, now I don't see the Price Point or the Modifiers, which I'm using for Size and Color.  I can combine the two spreadsheets, but can I get it all in one?

Thank you!

Message 22 of 33

Never mind!  It's all there!  It's in multiple lines in the Order Description column.  I can work with that.

A future request:  It would be nice if the modifiers and price point were in separate columns.  

Thank you so much for your time!

Message 23 of 33
Admin

You're welcome and thanks for your patience with this @MAProctor! I'll certainly share that request with our Reporting teams. Thanks for flagging this! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 24 of 33

none of these options worked.  went through all the attempts listed.  the last option- going to online, orders, select date range, and export, everything disappears.  I don't even get an option to download a csv.  Where can I find my the notes customers enter at point of sale?

Message 25 of 33
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @BRBTreas

Whenever you take that route you mentioned, do you see this screen pop up to make your selections? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Message 26 of 33

I looked in the CSV file and every entry under the Notes column was blank even though we entered info into each transaction.

Message 27 of 33

I am trying to access the customer notes as well. the only notes I see is what the descripton  of what the item is. I need to know what the customer put in the customer notes on check out.  

Message 28 of 33
Admin

Hey @influencers1 and @dgraves,

Thanks for flagging this and sorry to hear about the trouble. Are you still encountering this issue? If so, please get in touch with our Customer Success Team and provide an example of a payment where the notes are not showing up—with that, we'll be able to take a look behind the scenes and escalate further if needed.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 29 of 33

We need to be able to see them in the computer--not exported. Square for retail is a glorified CRM. Your support and developers aren't worth their pay. 

Message 30 of 33

We use square in a vendor shop.  So the items are actually vendors. I would like to be able to print a report that includes the notes.  Because the notes are the item discription.  

Message 31 of 33
Alumni

Hey @reagan_carfield. Nice to see you posting in the Community!!

To see transaction notes, you'll need to download a Transactions CSV from Dashboard.

This question has been answered on a separate thread, which I moved you to. To find your answer faster, make sure to use the search bar up top to find relevant threads. 

Justin
Message 32 of 33

When using the Export Order Details functionality, Is there a way to specify a different email address for the report to go?  Currently, it goes to the email associated with the main square account.

Message 33 of 33