x

Can I accept PayPal payments with Square?

Can I accept PayPal payments with Square? 

Message 1 of 55
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer
Thank you for your posts. I'd like to give an update here - Square has no plans to support payments with PayPal. 

Many of you have mentioned reasons why you want to accept PayPal - from losing out on clients who are only comfortable with PayPal, to wanting unified reports showing transactions from Square and PayPal in one place. These are totally understandable, and I can see how frustrating it is that this isn't available for you. 

If any of you have workarounds you'd like to share, please feel free to start a new thread

Thank you again for letting us know this is important to you. The addition of PayPal is not likely, but in the event something changes, we'll make sure to update this thread. All of you who have commented or subscribed to this thread will receive an email notification if we add an update. 

View Best Answer >

Message 34 of 55
54 REPLIES 54
Beta Member

Just download the paypal app, get the reader and use the app to accept Paypal - or your phone.  Work around.....?

Message 22 of 55
Super Seller

they completely are competitors. For each one of these examples, you could replace PayPal with Square.  Paypal has Paypal capital loans, PayPal Here POS register, PayPal online store, PayPal Debit cards, Paypal invoices, PayPal credit loans for customers, and more.  PayPal says they serve 17 million merchants.

Message 23 of 55

Seems its been almost a year - any chance of getting paypal linkage going here? Thank you,  Jan Peters

Message 24 of 55
Alumni

Hi Jan - Thanks for checking in. Currently, there aren't any updates I can share on Paypal payments being added to the roadmap. We will make sure to announce it if that changes in the future.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 25 of 55

Can customers pay with PayPal? 

Message 26 of 55

That also would be my question. Alot of people are comfortable using paypal when they wont use other methods

Message 27 of 55

I just got my phone/chip/mag reader + my desktop reader.....I cannot find the app for downloading the program to A. My Samsung 4 Galaxy....or how to download to my desktop computer.....thanks for info

Message 28 of 55
Super Seller

Message 29 of 55

I would run it as a cash sale and let them pay you through your PayPal account.

Message 30 of 55

I normally just close out the payment as "Other" and in the notes type in "Paypal". Since I don't take checks that "Other" payment can only be from a PayPal payment. I have to do it this way cuz I share my in-store merchandise with my online sales. If I didn't close out the transaction there would be no way for my Square to deduct those items from my inventory.

But I do agree that Square needs to make this a priority payment method. To hell with that tap and pay crap with your phone...I don't know anyone that uses it but I know A LOT of people that use PayPal  (myself included).

Message 31 of 55

I have both square and paypal on my website for check out options.  Customers can pay with either.  However, it would be great to have paypal and square integrated information wise since I pull all of my sale reports from square.  I could pull the report via my website, but then my special order invoices through square wouldn't be included.  There has to be some sort of third party app that would be able to integrate everything.  Business owners don't have time to mess with all of this non-sense.  And everyone that has commented about some customers only trusting paypal are right on the money.  Some will only check out with Paypal, so I have to have it as a check out option.  

Message 32 of 55

Yes, I agree with the post just above this, I came here looking for the same reasons, there must be some way to do it all from your WordPress dashboard but I don't have the time to look into it all, perhaps I need one of those numerous Woo extentions, I have no idea. I just want my shop checkout and my invoices (for custom made items) to all have the SAME payment options available.

I'm really happy with Square on my shopping cart because it also has the option of the paypal express just below, although I think they need to make the OR bigger coz some people just assume I only take PayPal Express I think, they don't realise by clicking the 'Proceed to Checkout' button there will be more payment options on the next screen (Square, or bank transfer, or normal PayPal).

Anyway it's the year 2018, people have been having these issues for decades now with online/mobile payments, I'm getting sick of waiting!

We might not have ever got those awesome hoverboards we all hoped for but can we at least work towards sorting out this payment mess somehow through all our fancy advances in tech we are so proud of?

Message 33 of 55
Alumni

Best Answer
Thank you for your posts. I'd like to give an update here - Square has no plans to support payments with PayPal. 

Many of you have mentioned reasons why you want to accept PayPal - from losing out on clients who are only comfortable with PayPal, to wanting unified reports showing transactions from Square and PayPal in one place. These are totally understandable, and I can see how frustrating it is that this isn't available for you. 

If any of you have workarounds you'd like to share, please feel free to start a new thread

Thank you again for letting us know this is important to you. The addition of PayPal is not likely, but in the event something changes, we'll make sure to update this thread. All of you who have commented or subscribed to this thread will receive an email notification if we add an update. 
Message 34 of 55

As a company, you would be doing yourselves a favor by having the ability to accept payments from Paypal accounts.

Message 35 of 55

Yes- as a stock holder of Square.....why don't you cut a deal to accept paypal payments......it does not hurt you at all and all your doing now is driving customers to Paypal once they have no adopted your payment model for their credit cards.  ........seem strange - its just like accepting Apple Pay 

Message 36 of 55

I will not be using your services.

Message 37 of 55

please keep me up to date on continuing using only square but having a pay pal option to my clients which transactions shows on my square account, in one place for me to use for accounting and maybe QuickBooks transfers. thank you, tom walko

Message 38 of 55

I can integrate with square send me a message here if you would like for me to integrate for you. [Personal Information Redacted]

Message 39 of 55

Hello,

I saw that you posted that you can integrate PayPal with Square. Can you help me with this?

Thank you!

Message 40 of 55
Beta Member

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do you record a PayPal transaction on Square?

I have an onlinme store that accepts Square and PayPal payments. A customer bought a product and paid through PayPal and the inventory was taken out of Square through WooCommerce-Square. How do I record the PayPal transaction in Square without adding another sale of the same product in Square when only 1 was sold?

Message 41 of 55
Super Seller

that is an interesting question.  I'm not sure exactly, you could go into inventory and manually adjust it up 1 then you could sell one in Square with a 100% off discount so the inventory will go down one and the transaction will appear in Square since currently doesn't show the transaction.  I'm not sure exactly what to do and how you are handling your payments in PayPal so that you don't appear to be selling twice as many items.

Message 42 of 55