x
Admin

How do you support your employees? New Episode of the Talking Squarely podcast

2022 - New year, same employees to lead (we hope!), same global pandemic (* sigh *), different set of challenges.

We wanted to share with you a very special episode of the Talking Squarely podcast, focused on employee and owner mental health and wellbeing.

In this episode, Square Sellers share how they have been keeping their sanity through all of the above. Listen to how three business owners have navigated the past two years when it comes to the mental health and wellbeing of their employees, their strategies for listening to employee needs, and how they balance supporting others with taking care of themselves.  You'll likely gain some inspiration in how you can better support your employees, and yourself.

After you listen to this episode, use the reply button below to let us know what you think.

• What has the pandemic taught you about your employees?
  • Did you make changes to your employee management strategy since 2020? How so?
  • What "non-negotiable" do you have in place to maintain your personal wellbeing?

Share this episode: https://squareup.com/us/en/townsquare/talking-squarely-how-businesses-can-support-their-employees

Episode features: Krista Abel, owner of Dream Home Images in Santa Cruz, CA; Avani Modi Sarkar, co-owner of Modi Toys based in New Jersey; and Tony Vu, owner of MaMang restaurant in Flint, MI.

Listen and Subscribe on Spotify, Apple, or Google or wherever you listen to podcasts. Episode Air date: Jan 21, 2022

️ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

Awesome all around! Thanks so much for sharing this, @Hailey -- I can't wait to listen to it!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 5
Admin

Its a great ep @pessosices After you listen, would be great to hear your feedback and insight into what you do for your employees here in this thread! 

️ Hailey
Square Seller Community
Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

Interesting.

As a mom and a business owner... I can say that balance changes every day. I constantly have 100s of "balls" in the air and frankly- it isn't the end of the world if balls get dropped. Balls WILL get dropped. You cannot be all things equally all the time. It just doesn't work. So I accept that and I understand that I make the decisions as to ultimately what gets dropped. If I delegate and it bombs- well, that's on me. No finger pointing. 

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 4 of 5
Admin

@DLRosenberg you and all of the other full time mom, full time entrepreneurs deserve a million medals and more. Just being one of those things (especially a mom) is the toughest job out there. I do not have children of my own but my siblings do and i just have the most amount respect. I love your attitude towards accepting imperfection. Knowing that some balls will drop and instead of trying to do the impossible - drop no balls - you prepare for when they do. In my personal opinion, i feel like being a parent has probably helped with that (or vice versa). In both parenting and business ownership, nothing will be perfect but stressing over that fact will not make anything better.  

️ Hailey
Square Seller Community
Message 5 of 5