x

How long does it take to receive your card reader

I signed up for square to use a craft fairs around the first of the month (August) and a few days later got an email that my card reader was on the way but I still have not received it and today is the 23rd. Is that normal ? How long does it usually take to get it ? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

@Lisav - So sorry to hear about your reader! It definitely shouldn't take this long. At most, it takes 10 days to arrive. Since it has now been more than 10 days, the reader may have been lost in transit.

If you need a reader immediately, you can purchase one at a local retailer. While readers cost $10 at retail stores, you’ll find a $10 redemption code within the packaging, which you can enter at Squareup.com/redeem. Note that you can redeem only one redemption code per Square account.

You can also order a new free reader by visiting your online Dashboard. You’ll receive an email confirmation as soon as it’s shipped.

Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 8

I have had the same issue. I ordered a card reader on the 14th of last month and it still says processing. It hasn't shipped yet. 

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Hey @PizzaLadyAK, really sorry to hear it. Definitely sounds like your reader should have been shipped and arrived by now. You might want to go forward with Sean's suggestion, if you haven't already. Otherwise, feel free to contact our Support team directly and we'll be happy to see if we can uncover any other information.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 8

Same here. Ordered on Nov 16, tracking says shipped out Nov 20 with no further upates. It's Nov 30 now, and my event is in 3 days. I guess I'll get one at a retailer. Not totally confidence building...

Message 5 of 8
Square

@billyburger - Sorry to hear the reader hasn't made it! If you pick one up at a local retailer, we'll be sure to reimburse you the $10.00. 👍

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 6 of 8

I'm waiting way to long for my reader 9 days and counting your tracker said it would delivery today but nothing ...why does this make sense to do this to new customers ...what will happen when we have issues with payments will it take u 10 days to find our money too???

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Sorry for the delayed response @Urbanfarmer2

Have you still not received your reader yet?

They usually arrive within 10 days, so you should've received it by now. 

While reader deliveries usually take about 10 days, you can call us any time you have an issue with payments between 6am-6pm PT Monday-Friday, and make sure to enter your customer code. 

Message 8 of 8