x

How often are you contacted by a customer stating they can't place an order on your website?

I get a customer about once every month or two contacting me stating the website wont allow them to complete the order. Typically its on the last step when they press 'Pay now' it gets stuck there, the order wont process .

I've contacted Square and they cant really help because they don't see the problem on their end so just trying to figure out if this is happening frequently with other customers of Square as well and if anyone has found any solutions.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Hello @DarkWaterCoffee thanks for your post. If this happens to me a lot, I don't know about it because I have not been contacted by shoppers. I have noticed it myself when I've shopped on other Square websites, and I've seen it on my own when I've done a test. For me it seems to be when shoppers are using either an outdated Safari/Mac browser or sometimes an older iPad. Not sure if this is any proven cause, but at least anecdotally this is what I've found regarding this issue. Oh, and sometimes shoppers on their phones too LOL. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Message 2 of 5

Thank you for your insights!

We have been asking what browser people are using but not the device or OS so that’s good to know. 
I’m trying to gather as much data as I can to give to square so they may be able to make fixes if it is indeed on there end. I’m really thankful when people hang in there and call or email us to get help with the order but my worries are the people who don’t bother. 

Thanks a lot your reply is helpful!

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

@DarkWaterCoffee @HC_Charlie Ask them to use an incognito browser if they are using chrome.  I have found that sometimes the "autosave" feature or "autofill forms" is actually the culprit because it does something to give an invalid phone number or something like that error.  I have seen it take a couple of different forms, but sometimes it is when square has updated the checkout page/website and the auto fill "thinks" it is doing it correctly, but doesn't.

I have seen this happen with a customer on a computer and then it was fine on their phone when they tried that.

I call them our beta testers, they find a way to make it not work and then we get to figure out why, and most often it truly is user error.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 5

@Donnie-M 

Thank you! That’s definitely something we have not thought of. 

Message 5 of 5