x

How to Disassociate Sales Items from Categories

Good morning,

Is there a way to turn off some items without deleting them so they don't show up on your screen?  I chatted with someone in their support center yesterday and she instructed me to disassociate the items with their categories BUT it's still showing up as available items.  HELP!!!  Thank you!

All the best,

Doreen

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @DoreenW209,

Thanks for checking in here and bringing this up. To be sure that I'm on the same page—do you have more information on why you need to disassociate sales items from categories?

As I read your post, the grid option came to mind. We don't currently have a way of automating item availability based on if it's on sale, though—if you were to customize a grid—you would be able to control what's readily available on your screen: Set Up Your Item Grid on a Tablet. Does this help with what you're needing to do? If I'm missing the mark, please reply with a bit more information and I'll be happy to take another look. Otherwise, if other sellers have insight to offer—don't hesitate to chime in! 🙏

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 3

Good morning Tom,

Thank you for getting back to me.  As it turns out, I was advised that I needed to turn off locations for the items I don't want to have available during a specific event.  We are a non-profit doing various fundraising events throughout the year and depending on the event, a chowder cookoff, golf tournament, play, 5K race, or otherwise, the sales items are entirely different.  I wanted to find a way that would make them inactive until they were needed.  This was the way to go!  Thanks again for your feedback.

Message 3 of 3