x

How to attach contract to invoice using app on IOS

I have checked almost every possible way and I have not been able to figure out how to attach the contract to an invoice using the app on my phone. I can however using my laptop? Most of my invoices I send on the go so this would save me so much time and headache..... ughh help!

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @Officiant 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us here! We hope this space can prove to be a valuable resource as you grow your business with Square.

The ability to add attachments to an invoice is currently only available from the Online Dashboard or the Invoices App, specifically. Since your business is mostly on the go, I would recommend using the Invoices App! It's very clean and simple, and adding contracts will be as easy as a few clicks.

Let me know if you have any clarifying questions. We are here to help!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Best Answer

Hi there, @Officiant 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us here! We hope this space can prove to be a valuable resource as you grow your business with Square.

The ability to add attachments to an invoice is currently only available from the Online Dashboard or the Invoices App, specifically. Since your business is mostly on the go, I would recommend using the Invoices App! It's very clean and simple, and adding contracts will be as easy as a few clicks.

Let me know if you have any clarifying questions. We are here to help!

Joe
Message 2 of 15

I know we are able to do that via dashboard on our computer..but do we have the ability to do that via app? As i work 80% of the time from my phone. ? Ty

Message 3 of 15

Hi there, @Balloonlady909 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding attaching documents to an Invoice via an app. Take a look at this Best Answer for more insight on how to accomplish this.

Let us know if you have any additional clarifying questions! We are here to help.

Joe
Message 4 of 15

Thank you Joe for replying. I do in fact have the app and have tried to attach a contract to the invoice and it does not have that option. It does not even have the option to create a contract on the app itself. If I am missing something please give guidance on how to do this. Thank you

Message 5 of 15

Thanks for the quick reply, @Officiant! I've attached a screenshot of where you can add an attachment to the creation of an Invoice or Estimate from the Invoices App, specifically.

To be clear, the ability to create contracts on the app is currently considered a Feature Request, but once your contract or other attachment is created, you can add them to the Invoice or Estimate here.

Let me know if that gets you where you need to be!

Joe
Message 6 of 15

Hi 

I wanted to better understand, so my question is. Does the invoice app connect with Square's contract section?

Message 7 of 15

how do you request the feature to be able to create  a contract?

Message 8 of 15

Hello @Christina21 and welcome to the Seller Community

If you're looking for Square Contracts here is our Get Started Guide. Please let me know if you have any particular questions about the feature.

JJ
Message 9 of 15

Hi there, @Ynot220 👋 Thanks for reaching out. Good question!

The Square Invoices app does not currently offer a formal integration, but you can create your Square contract and easily attach it to the Invoice for record keeping within the app.

Joe
Message 10 of 15

Can you offer any guidance on how to attach the contract to the invoice with the app?

Message 11 of 15
Alumni

Hi @Officiant

You'll  need to create the contract, save it as a PDF, and then just add it as an attachment. to the invoice which will pull up saved PDF files saved on your mobile device. There isn't a way to pull up contracts from the invoice creation page in-app. 

Justin
Message 12 of 15
Beta Member

Is there a way you can create a contract from the apps? My company hires sales reps who meet with customers before we do the job and it would be nice if they could create a contract with the customer right there and get electronic signatures right there too.

Message 13 of 15

Hey @threewisemenllc,

I moved your post to a thread where another seller asked the same question.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. Hopefully that'll be something to come in future improvements!

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 14 of 15
Beta Member

Thanks!

Message 15 of 15