x
Alumni

How to connect Square to your Vend POS

Vend is a Point of Sale system designed for multi-location retailers. You can integrate Vend with Square to accept payments in store. Learn more about Vend’s pricing plans.

Once your accounts are connected, you’ll be ready to accept payments instantly. Your sales will be deposited to your linked bank account in 1-2 business days.

Ready to get started? Follow these instructions to connect your Square and Vend accounts:

1. Sign in to your Vend dashboard online.
  2. Click the menu icon on the top left to open the side menu bar and select Dashboard.
  3. Select Menu > Set up > Payment Types.
  4. Click Add Payment Type and select Square. Click the Connect to Square button.
  5. Sign in with your Square username and password, and click Allow on the permissions page.

If you need help with your Vend account contact Vend Support directly. If you have any questions about Square reply here so we can help!

Vend-Logo-Medium-Green.png

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

I'm using Vend on my Square stand, and the Square reader takes a few moments to connect every time Vend initiates a payment. The top of the screen is orange, indicating that the reader isn't connected. I have to tell every customer to wait before inserting their card or tapping, which is not acceptable. Many times per day, they have to reinsert their card. How can I speed this up?

Message 2 of 5
Alumni

Hi @shoneycutt,

Vend’s features, services, and subscriptions are managed by them directly. You can visit the Vend Support Center for more information. You can also view a series of Vend Support videos.

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Hi Alex,

Does Vend control whether or not the Square reader stays connected? I would expect that to fall under Square's control. The delay is due to the Square reader disconnecting between sales.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @shoneycutt. Stepping in for @Alex_ here.

Third party apps shouldn't have anything to do with your reader disconnecting. However- the sync between Square and Vend may not be secure here causing this to happen as well. 

I would recommend checking out the troubleshooting tips from our Support Center here

You can also always contact our direct CS team to troubleshoot together as well. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5