x

How to contact Square Up about a fraudulent charge?

I need to speak to someone about a fraudulent charge on my bank account from a fraudulent company.  Through my investigations I have discovered that the company making the charge is not a valid company. Any suggestions.

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Sorry to hear about the charge, @RJ1

If you haven't already, you should notify your bank of the charge first. Then, if you'd like to share the payment details with us, please contact our Support team. Thanks for you help with this!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square

Best Answer

Sorry to hear about the charge, @RJ1

If you haven't already, you should notify your bank of the charge first. Then, if you'd like to share the payment details with us, please contact our Support team. Thanks for you help with this!

Message 2 of 13

Same question as the previous commenter';s.  I do not have a Square account. How do I contact customer support without any sign in credentials????

Message 3 of 13
Alumni

Hi @rvlusa - You can use the same link above to send an email to our team. If you click "other" then "I don't see my issue", you'll be able to send an email. 

Message 4 of 13

Thank you Katie and

Message 5 of 13

Sharing payment details with your Support team is tedious, time consuming an user-unfriendly!
Message 6 of 13

I emailed the support people about credit card fraud and it’s been a week with no reply

Message 7 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hi @richardrkb,

As Spenser mentioned above- you'll need to contact your bank or card issuer to dispute the charges.

Thank you!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 13

somebody has been added to my account and their bank account listed!  This is fraud!  I don't know the person, and have changed my password. How do I get rid of their bank account?

Alan Grimstad
Message 9 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @theember

Welcome and thank you for reaching out to us about this! 

Please change your password & add the 2 Step Verification ASAP. Also, delete the bank account that is not yours. I can flag this over to our Account Services team to keep an eye out for any suspicious activity on your account. 

They will reach out to you directly to confirm some more information & get to the bottom of this for you. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 13

I just typed out a reply to you, and now I don't see that it made it to you

Alan Grimstad
Message 11 of 13

This situation happend to me, i started with my bank and then contacted Square's customer support. I was also able to print out the receipt for the fraudulent purchase from thier website and it had the persons information and i sent that to my bank.  They are going to persue it further.  I did get my money back into my account. 🙂  Good luck. 

Message 12 of 13

I know this was awhile ago. I was hoping to get more information on how it turned out because I had to call and message square and I still have not heard anything from their fraud team if they have one.

Message 13 of 13