x

How to find email address that electronic receipt was sent too

I would like to follow up with a customer who purchased from me at a vendor event. I can find the tranaction but not the email address the receipt was sent too. Is there a way for me to get that address? 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Welcome to the Seller Community, @SprinklzbyTwyla!

Thanks for bringing this up. For privacy reasons, we aren't able to access and share out the email address that your customer entered in for automatic receipts. If they voluntarily provided you with their information for your Customer Directory, then you would be able to trace it back to their purchase history.

If this doesn't clear things up, I'd suggest getting in touch with our Customer Success Team. If they're able to locate the payment, they can reach out to the buyer on your behalf.

Hope this helps get you where you need to be!

๏œ๏ธ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Welcome to the Seller Community, @SprinklzbyTwyla!

Thanks for bringing this up. For privacy reasons, we aren't able to access and share out the email address that your customer entered in for automatic receipts. If they voluntarily provided you with their information for your Customer Directory, then you would be able to trace it back to their purchase history.

If this doesn't clear things up, I'd suggest getting in touch with our Customer Success Team. If they're able to locate the payment, they can reach out to the buyer on your behalf.

Hope this helps get you where you need to be!

๏œ๏ธ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

OK.  I appreciate your answer to the original question, but then how am I to be able to send the customer an email after the fact thanking them for their business?  It woul dbe nice to have that info in order to do that, no?  A little customer relationship management?

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@bealspc If you typically like to send follow up emails to your customers you can add their email address to their customer profile from the Customers section of the app during the sale, or you can add a customer's email address to your Customer Directory online

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4