x

How to generate an Order from a paid Invoice?

Hey all,

I had a customer outside our defined shipping area request products, so I created an Estimate (which included the additional shipping charge), the customer accepted - I created the invoice to collect payment and the customer paid.

I had assumed (incorrectly) that once the invoice was paid, an Order would be generated for our warehouse to ship, but this is not the case.

How do I create the Order from the paid Invoice?  

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Heya @jer and welcome to the Community.

I'm not sure if I understand your question. Our Invoicing feature is totally separate from the Online Store and not connected in any way to create an order. 

You'd need to manage this particular order from the invoice itself since there's not a way to import it to the Online Store if that makes sense!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Thanks Ashley.

My confusion may lie in the fact that our online inventory items are all available to quote on Estimates and bill on Invoices.  I can certainly work around this in the future, but it does appear that the Estimate I created and converted to an Invoice, (which was paid), has reduced our online inventory for the amounts sold.

Please correct me if I'm wrong... but it appears as though I can use an Estimate to quote a customer, if they accept - I create the Invoice for them to pay - but will have to use the Invoice as an "order" to pick and ship the items and provide the tracking number / shipping details manually.  Is this accurate?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3