x

How to get customers to my web store?

I'm new here and I'm wondering if anyone could tell me how to get customers to my website? I have an email sign up on the site but no one has signed up. I know that square has the campaign that uses emails but since I have none I can't use that campaign. Is there any others in Square or is this a case where I am going to have to shell out more money for another company to drive customers to my store? 

Also I have noticed a lot of people having problems with Square holding money and customer service not really helping. Is this a new situation or something that has been an ongoing problem?

TIA

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @Forgiven 

Getting customers to your website is not an easy task.  What sort of business are you in?  Before getting into paying out money to "boost" you can try some of the following tips

• Establish Social Media Presence- Be persistent and consistent 
  • Add website link to email signature 
  • Create a Google My Business profile (if applicable), Yelp, etc
  • Entice customers with something for their email address
  • Check out MOZ as they have free tools to utilize to get your business listing (website) in search results
  • Dive in to the SEO of your website as best as you can

Email campaigns can be very effective but don't throw all of your eggs into that basket.  For me personally, if i sign up and a company emails me more than 2x a month, I am probably going to unsubscribe from that company unless I literally buy from there once a week, which is rare. Just food for thought moving forward.

As for your concerns with Square holding money in accounts, we all see those posts here on the boards,  BUT there is always more to a story than what we see.  Each account is different as well as each person and how they run their business. I can't speak for those who have money being held but I run over 100k through my account and never once have I had a payment held.

Good luck with your business and hope things turn out the best. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @Forgiven 

Getting customers to your website is not an easy task.  What sort of business are you in?  Before getting into paying out money to "boost" you can try some of the following tips

• Establish Social Media Presence- Be persistent and consistent 
  • Add website link to email signature 
  • Create a Google My Business profile (if applicable), Yelp, etc
  • Entice customers with something for their email address
  • Check out MOZ as they have free tools to utilize to get your business listing (website) in search results
  • Dive in to the SEO of your website as best as you can

Email campaigns can be very effective but don't throw all of your eggs into that basket.  For me personally, if i sign up and a company emails me more than 2x a month, I am probably going to unsubscribe from that company unless I literally buy from there once a week, which is rare. Just food for thought moving forward.

As for your concerns with Square holding money in accounts, we all see those posts here on the boards,  BUT there is always more to a story than what we see.  Each account is different as well as each person and how they run their business. I can't speak for those who have money being held but I run over 100k through my account and never once have I had a payment held.

Good luck with your business and hope things turn out the best. 

Dan
Square Super Seller
Message 2 of 8

I appreciate your help. Like I said in my original post I'm not very good on the computer so this is a learning experience for me. I will have to do some research on  MOZ and figuring out the SOE. The latter I was reading about and didn't understand it so I will have to do another re-read of it. My son and I just started a reselling business. Thank you again for your help. I now have a place to start. 

Message 3 of 8
Super Seller

no problem SEO is (search engine optimization). is vital in any business especially online.

Here are a couple articles on SEO and square online (I'm just guessings you have a square website) to help you get started though.

SEO for Square Online

SEO for products

Dan
Square Super Seller
Message 4 of 8

I do have a square website. Thank you again I do appreciate all your help. I will be checking these articles to better understand how to use SEO.

Message 5 of 8
Super Seller

Not a problem if you run into issues, always feel free to post your question and someone is always more than willing to help out. 

Good Luck

Dan
Square Super Seller
Message 6 of 8

Hello Tom, I would like to know why my store site is not found in any search engine?

Is there something I need to do more to generate it other than what was ask of me when I opened it? Store name is Gryphin Custom Designs

Thanks

Tammi Cahill

[This post was moved by a moderator from the event titled "Meet the Order Manager product team: Which workflows are most critical to managing orders? 📨🧾".]

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Hey @tammicahill, thanks for reaching out. It looks like a handful of sellers had a similar question. I went ahead and moved your post to this thread — have a look at the best answer from @Minion and let us know if that helps.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 8 of 8