x

Https, secure connection not enabled after 48 hours.

My site hosted at Square/Weebly is still showing as "not secure" (joevanderbos.com). The certificate for *.weebly is the insecure one.

My Domain name is registered at namecheap. I enabled DNSSEC on that end, if that mattered

I've searched and tried to unpublished, then republished my site.  I've waited the suggested 24-48 hours before posting since the domain was successfully pointed at square.  Is there anything  else I need to do here?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there @joevdb

Instead of using the records ending in .77 can you please update that ending to .164 and give it another 48 hours? After that time, can you open from an incognito browser? 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Best Answer

Hi there @joevdb

Instead of using the records ending in .77 can you please update that ending to .164 and give it another 48 hours? After that time, can you open from an incognito browser? 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Thanks, I'll make that change and see what happens.🤞

Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

Ellie,  I'm having the same problem.  I don't understand your response above.  Would it be possible for you to break down the steps more simply for someone who isn't as tech savvy?  Thanks!

Message 4 of 7

Hey @JSmith222,

It sounds like you might have to update your DNS records. 

Usually, the reason your SSL cannot be propagated is because of the failure to recognize our IP address. You will need to make sure that the only records on your domain are as follows;

1 A - type Record with the host/value set as the "@" or the * symbol (depends on your registrar) pointing to "199.34.228.164"

&

Another A type Record with the host value as "www" and pointing to "199.34.228.164".

After that, your SSL should propagate within 24-48 hours from setting the proper settings. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Message 5 of 7

That worked Ellie, thank you!

Message 6 of 7

I am having this same issue as well with my domain purchased through google. I go to connect it to square and everything functions automatically but when I go to my site it still says it is not secure. I am not sure what to do 

Message 7 of 7