x

I am new to this, any suggestions?

Hello, I am brand new to this, I have heard of people having issues with troubleshooting, any suggestions, or hints??
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Hi Wandi,

Welcome. Do you have an particular issue you need help with? Tell us more about what's going on and hopefully someone will have a quick solution. Also, I'd love to hear about your business. 

Message 2 of 5

I am new to this, I have a small computer sales business and I am exploring accepting credit cards. I do not use Paypal for various reasons but I was recommended to Square. My questions include:

1. What app do I need to download to accept payments over the phone? Is there a transaction limit?

2. When the customer pays me , when can I withdraw the funds in cash? Again, is there a limit?

3.. In the case of a dispute, how is it resolved? can the money be charged back to me if I am not at fault?  Who decides this?

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

The app is in the App Store for Apple and also in the google play store for android devices. 

There is no transaction limit that I've ever hit. I've run cards with bills over $3,000

Funds will be in your bank account next business day. 

How much you can withdraw is up to your individual bank. 

I have never had a dispute in over 28,000 transactions so I have no personal experience with it.

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

Welcome to Square, @greenspan@VanKalkerFarms's notes are on point, but I'll add a couple of  points as well:

1. The Square Register app can be downloaded from either the App Store (iPhone), or Google Play Store (Android). We don't have an app for Windows phones. Specific instructions on how to download are detailed in this article.
  2. All sellers start with a per-transaction limit of $50,000. If you need to take a payment larger than that, you'll need to split it into multiple transactions. Keep in mind that we do review all businesses and transactions that go through our system in order to ensure a safe purchasing environment for all. For large trasactions it's especially important to keep note of the receipt number, or any other supporting details for the transactions. Read more about the best practices for taking payments in this article.
  3. If a buyer were to dispute one of your transactions, the buyer's card issuer will contact Square for more details. We have a team in place to help resolve payment disputes on behalf of our sellers, so they'll reach out to you to get more information on the transaction in order to help get the dispute resolved in your favor. We don't charge for helping you to resolve disputes. I'd strongly recommend reading this article  about our disputes process. 

Happy selling! 😄

Message 5 of 5