x

I am trying to find out who the manufacturer is for the magstripe reader.

One of my customers is the US Government. They are now requiring their vendors to review their list of excluded manufacturers of equipment. It is prohibited to use those manufacturers. I cannot find out who manufactures the magstripe reader for Square. Customer support says that Square manufactures the magstripe reader themselves. 

"Thank you for letting me know that information, as I mentioned before our manufacturer is Square Inc and our warehourse is in Flower Mound, Tx and that's where we ship the product from."

I need to confirm that Square manufacturers the reader and it is not manufactured by another company (that may be on that list) for Square.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@guphnot sure if you'll get any answers beyond what Square already has told you. I'm not sure of these requirements since I do not do business with the Federal government, but if the seller of a particular item tells you that the manufacturer is "Square" ,  can you not just list that on your government form?

You are assuming that the item is manufactured somewhere else? It may be, but is the government requiring you to research all of your vendors in this manner? It sounds like an unreasonable requirement if this is the case.

Message 2 of 3

The rep initially said that the readers were manufactured for Square.  When I said that if I could not find out who the manufacturer is then I would have to find another company that could tell me who their manufacturer is and use them. Then she said that Square manufactures the reader. 

Message 3 of 3