x
Super Seller

I just got a text from OK LOCKSMITH Via Square

Here is the message Is this SPAM, Phishing? Comes from 1-833-239-6748

Welcome to SMS messages from OK LOCKSMITH via Square - Reply to send us a message or "END" to unsubscribe from receiving messages, std rates apply

View your receipt from OK LOCKSMITH: https://squareup.com/r/r483NJT4ATCBN3M?sms  =1
Reply to send a message to OK LOCKSMITH

René
Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Had to put a space between sms and = as i could not post this when attached

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @GourmetOnWheels

Thanks for letting us know. This can be a simple mistake, however, If you haven’t made any purchases or services with this Square seller, please don’t provide any personal information. Forward the email to spoof@squareup.com to report the incident. 

Thank you.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

It could have been a customer accidentally putting in the wrong number. I've had quite a few people sign up for the loyalty program and accidentally putting in a wrong number.

www.PartyManiaBethesda.com
Please Require Customers to pick time/date at checkout for Square online. Thanks!
Message 4 of 5

Many people   (Myself also)  will put in a false number toget a reward if they do not trust the seller.  You need to have clear messaging that only the correct number will get the reward and have the reward sent back to that number.  

Many will create  reward based inputting  number.     "Oh, you typed the number, here is your reward."   But some unknown person with the fake phone number gets this text.   And is confused.  lol.   

Message 5 of 5