x

I need a way to force my employee to ask for dining options.

Dining options should be forced, employee must select an option before proceeding with the order..  I can't tell you how many times employees just simple forget to ask, especially when we are busy.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

If anyone has a trick to somehow remind the employee to ask this question please share. I tried adding a modifier but that didn't work.

Message 2 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hello @SomeResturant,

Great to see you posting in the Seller Community again, welcome back! 😁

I see you mentioned adding a modifier, but I am curious as to whether you specifically added a "required modifier" ?

By doing this it will include it in the order progression and should not be allowing your Servers to proceed without including this. Check out this guide on how to set these rules, and let me know what you've tried and whether this guide was of any assistance or not.

I look forward to reading your response 

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 9

I tried that but as another poster stated then you have to add it to every single item and that is just crazy confusing.

I switched to square for restaurants and even that didn't have that option, but I went around that by creating "for here" and "to go" tables.

Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

Jumping on this one--we have the same issue. I know we can add a required modifier to each individual item, but it would be so much faster if we could just do it once for the ticket.  To have it required immediately when the transaction starts, or before it is paid. 

Message 5 of 9

I found a way around this, but you have to use square for restaurants and create 2 "sections/tables" for here and to go.

This will force your employee to ask every time they start an order.

The good news is that square for restaurant is free and is pretty much the same as the regular square.

the bad news is that it is different and requires a learning curve and set up.

I had to switch because I have 40 employees (and massive turn over) and good luck having them all remember to ask "for here or to go".

Square employees should be forced to work at restaurants so they can feel the pain. 😂 I bet they would add this feature the next day.

Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

There really should be an option to force prompt dining option selection without all the work arounds.  It is incredibly common in the restaurant industry and should be an option in Square set up.  Thanks!

Message 7 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing your interest in this feature @modebrewing  I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 9
Beta Member

Any update on this request?

Message 9 of 9