x

How Can I Delete My Square Account?

I do NOT want to deactivate my account. I want to DELETE it. I've looked all over but just keep getting directed back to deactivating. I do not even recall making this account and do not want square to have my information. How do I delete my account?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: "I need to delete my account"

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @skfjsoiejfspim 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community.

Currently, there is no differentiation between Deactivation and Deletion. Square accounts remain available to be reactivated once deactivation to insure that Sellers can not only access all historical reports, but also re-initiate to take payments if needed.

In regards to your account information, Square is not required to delete any information associated with your account. For regulatory purposes, Square maintains certain records associated with your account. Rest assured, Square's approach to security is designed to protect both you and your customers. All information submitted to Square by our customers is encrypted and sent to our servers securely. You can read about this in our Seller Agreement.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Best Answer

Hi there, @skfjsoiejfspim 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community.

Currently, there is no differentiation between Deactivation and Deletion. Square accounts remain available to be reactivated once deactivation to insure that Sellers can not only access all historical reports, but also re-initiate to take payments if needed.

In regards to your account information, Square is not required to delete any information associated with your account. For regulatory purposes, Square maintains certain records associated with your account. Rest assured, Square's approach to security is designed to protect both you and your customers. All information submitted to Square by our customers is encrypted and sent to our servers securely. You can read about this in our Seller Agreement.

Joe
Message 2 of 9

Hello, could you help me delete my account? I want to create another store with the same email. I selected "online store" as a mistake and would like to switch to "personal website" but I cannot do that. The only way it seems that is possible if to make a whole new account so I want to get my email off of my current account so I can create a new one. Could you help me with this? Thank you. My email is [Personal Information Redacted]

Message 3 of 9

Hi @kevinneedshelp and welcome to the Community.

We aren't able to delete your account here from the Community as we do not have access to account specifics here.

The Seller Community is intended for seller to seller conversations so I'd recommend reaching out to our direct CS team to further assist.

Ashley C
Message 4 of 9

Hello wondering you could help me ?

I need to email customer support who would that be ? 

Message 5 of 9

I want to delete this and reorder

Message 6 of 9

I have not used this account for anything. I never received the Square so I could have people charge.

Message 7 of 9

@Greeksldy are you only wanting to delete the account so you can get a magstripe reader for your new account? If that's that case, it will not work. The system will not provide you a free reader if you've created an account with us in the past. 

If this is the case, let me know, and I can take a look at your account to see if you qualify for a reader. 

AshleyK
Message 8 of 9

I was trying to get a reader. I thought that I would get one when I put in the app. I have an android phone and not an Iphone. Everything on your site says everything is for an iphone and nothing mentions android phone. How do I get a reader for my phone and tablet/ My tablet is a Fire.\thank you

Message 9 of 9