x

I need to return product to a vendor. How can I create a return purchase order?

I need to return product to a vendor. How can I create a return purchase order?

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @swirl and @HausofHue - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community.

I checked in with the Square for Retail team and they let me know that there aren't any additional workarounds aside from what's already been mentioned in this thread.

I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. 

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input! 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Admin

Hey @CBD_AuthorityMV-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community! We don't currently have a way to create a return purchase order. However, if the PO has already been marked as received, you can still edit the stock amount to ensure that your inventory is accounted for correctly:

A return Purchase Order is a great feature suggestion though, and I'll make sure to pass it along to the Square for Retail Product Team in case they hadn't considered it yet. Please feel free to contact our Square for Retail Support Team for any additional suggestions, as they specialize in the product. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 16
Beta Member

I also would love this feature. Sometimes we need to be able to return a product to our vendor and we need a way to show it being taken out of the system, without just adjusting the inventory.

Message 3 of 16

Hello! Any update on this feature?

Message 4 of 16
Super Seller

You can request this feature here, I'm not sure if its an active feature, if so you can like it to get more attention for this to possibly be added in the future.

@SpruceGifts wrote:

Hello! Any update on this feature?

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 5 of 16

Same question here! Would love this option!

Message 6 of 16
Beta Member

The answer states that, "if the PO has already been marked as received, you can still edit the stock amount to ensure that your inventory is accounted for correctly."

This is not ideal on the accounting side of things. Now the historical purchase order doesn't reflect what actually happened, and there is no paper trail for the vendor credit to be applied to.

It looks like this "negative purchase order" for returns to vendors has been requested for over a year now, by multiple customers.

Is there any kind of timeframe in which we can expect this to function correctly?

Message 7 of 16

Hi @SeminolePool - Thank you for stopping by The Seller Community.

Great Question.

I can totally see the need for a feature like this and how beneficial it could be for sellers. We appreciate you sharing your request. While there is no time frame for when it will be implemented, i'm happy to make sure our engineers have eyes on your request. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 8 of 16
Beta Member

The original question for this thread is dated 5/20/2020, and the response was nearly identical.

This is a basic functionality for inventory management and accounting systems. It's kind of mind-boggling that it wasn't included in the first place.

The fact that it has been an outstanding issue after being called to Square's attention over eighteen months ago with no apparent progress does not inspire confidence.

Message 9 of 16

We totally understand that this may be frustrating for you, @SeminolePool . We are happy to get this escalated on your behalf to our engineers, and stress the urgency of the matter. 

Ria
Message 10 of 16

Any updates on this?? It is so frustrating!

Message 11 of 16

How to return stock to a vendor?

Message 12 of 16

Best Answer

Hi there, @swirl and @HausofHue - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community.

I checked in with the Square for Retail team and they let me know that there aren't any additional workarounds aside from what's already been mentioned in this thread.

I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. 

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input! 🙂

Violet
Message 13 of 16

Are there any updates on this?

Message 14 of 16

We also really need this feature! I can't find the product request to add my support to, can you please share that here so we can get it escalated?

Message 15 of 16

Hey there @SeattleMel thanks for reaching out with input on this request. In an effort to streamline and organize the feature request process we have made some changes, you can submit this request on our Ideate Board. I do not see a request like this under the retail board. If we have any updates we will make sure to let you know there. 

Thank you again for your feedback! 

Message 16 of 16