x

I need to set a single category as the library view in the mobile app using an iphone. Any ideas?

In the mobile Point of Sale app, on an android phone, I can use a category to filter my items. My library view just shows those items. This is especially helpful when selling drink and raffle tickets at an event. 

Is there a way to set this on an iphone? I dont want to have to dig thru multiple menus each time I sell a raffle ticket.

Thanks for the help

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Thanks so much for the prompt reply here, @KrisR - I really appreciate your clarifications, and your screen shot! It is so helpful. I can definitely see the issue you are referring to here in regards to the drop down filter.

I did some research into this to gain some more insight, and it looks as though this is a known limitation in the iOS Point of Sale app. The Android POS app orients to a particular device differently than the iOS software, which will give you the ability to select a drop-down of filters. The iPhone app, while being able to view categories from Checkout, will only list them within the master item thread from the Checkout Tab - meaning the drop down filter will be unavailable.

In an effort to improve this feature, I am passing your feedback along to our Point of Sale Product Teams for review. If this limitation is edited in the future, we will be sure to reach back out to you here and let you know.

Thanks, again!  

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there, @KrisR! Thanks for reaching out with your question here on the Seller Community! Good to hear from you again 🙌

I want to make sure I am fully understanding you here - is it accurate that you are seeing a difference in the POS app between Android and iPhone? - the Android app gives you the ability to filter by categories in the Item Library but the iOS app does not? 

You should have a master Item Library view from the Checkout Tab, but I don't believe it will display specific categories from the master list. Are you able to provide a screenshot of what you are seeing on the Android App? 

We will get this solved for you! I will keep an eye out for your response.

Joe
Message 2 of 6

Hi Joe,

I assigned the items to categories and this is what I see when I use the filter to show the Crab Feed category in the Android app. This becomes my default library view in the android app, which is quite handy. I would like to be able to set this up on an iPhone, but have been unsuccessful. At this point, my iPhone users have to dig down 2 menu levels each time they want to sell a category item. It is still faster than searching all the items in inventory, but frustrating.

Thanks for your help.  - Kris

screenshot.jpg

Message 3 of 6

Best Answer

Thanks so much for the prompt reply here, @KrisR - I really appreciate your clarifications, and your screen shot! It is so helpful. I can definitely see the issue you are referring to here in regards to the drop down filter.

I did some research into this to gain some more insight, and it looks as though this is a known limitation in the iOS Point of Sale app. The Android POS app orients to a particular device differently than the iOS software, which will give you the ability to select a drop-down of filters. The iPhone app, while being able to view categories from Checkout, will only list them within the master item thread from the Checkout Tab - meaning the drop down filter will be unavailable.

In an effort to improve this feature, I am passing your feedback along to our Point of Sale Product Teams for review. If this limitation is edited in the future, we will be sure to reach back out to you here and let you know.

Thanks, again!  

Joe
Message 4 of 6

has there been any movement on this for the iOS poeple?    This i badly needed.... 

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hey @wrholman-

Thanks for resurfacing this thread/feature request. This feature for iOS is still in the works. I checked in with the Product team, and unfortunately they did not have a timeline or release date to share.

We will be posting updates in this thread when we have them regarding this feature request. Thanks again. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 6 of 6